New to the hobby!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallymobobber

Reaction score
Hello everybody....names Walter and I am extremely green at this, I dont even have the makings of a kit yet. Im sortof still in the drool stage at the moment, looking at the videos and the forums, the catalogs and whatnot. Just thought I would introduce myself and also wanted to ask if their was any groups or clubs in my neck of the woods. Im in Inglis Florida which is in the middle of Ocala and Tampa so I thought there might be something, also dont know where any homebrew stores are and was curious of that as well. Thanks and I hope to talk to you all on this great forum.

There's a clubs link in the red strip at the top of the page. And don't forget to enter the huge giveaway. You can google home brew supplies in your city/area too.

The clubs and group sections didnt have any members on the fl ones local to me, and I have google homebrew shops the nearest one I could find was like 5 hrs away lol I was hoping someone knew of something more around my area. Thanks for your reply.

Being near tampa should net you someone who can direct you to some LHBS's. Hopefully someone will chime in with a club. There are a lot of folks from florida on here.

yeah I have seen a few from Spring Hill Fl which is roughly an hr and a half or so from me thats what made me think of it in the first place. Figured I would start this thread and hopefully meet some new people and find a club or at least a group. Someone had created one for central fl and in almost 3 years has had no member join aside from the creator so that got me a little worried.

I don't know of any north of Tampa but there are three in the Tampa Bay Area. They're all probably 2hrs away from you though. One in Tampa, Southern Brewing, one in Brandon, Booths Brewing, and one in Pinellis Park but I don't know it's name. I know the Villages has a pretty active brew club so there must be something in the area not too far from you. Best of luck, and welcome to the obsession... I mean hobby.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of homebrewing :mug:

Not sure about LHBS in your area, but there are lots of good, reliable outlets online to consider as well. Austin Homebrew, Midwest, Norther Brewer to name a few.

Quick google search came up empty for LHBS's in your area. Found some clubs through AHA's site, though. There's a few more, but just listed a few I believe are closer to you. Check out the site and look under "Directories". There's a few more like another in NPR.

My recommendation is find some people to do a group run to save gas money if you want to buy local. I personally buy through Austin Homebrew, Midwest Supplies and Northern Brewer as I find it to be cheaper in the long run.

Brick City Brewers
Ocala, FL 34470
Phone: (352) 572-8131
Email: [email protected]
www.brickcitybrewers.com

Brooksville Brewers
Spring Hill, FL 34608-2104

Beer Pressure of the Nature Coast
Spring Hill, FL 34609
Phone: (352) 410-1676
www.facebook.com/BeerPressureHomebrew

yeah I just bought my kit and bottles through homebrew outpost! was good pricing and free shipping is always a plus in my book. When I did my google search I came up with all ones that were 2 hrs or more away, IDK maybe I spelled something wrong or something, anyways I appreciate all the welcomes, I cant wait to reap the rewards of brewing my own, I can see how this gets really expensive and addicting if you arent careful.

Back