How long have you been married?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmonkey

Reaction score
Today marks 17 years of wedded bliss for me. I'm not sure how Mrs. Monkey has stood up to the continual ecstasy of being with me for that long, but she's managed nicely. We celebrated the day by mowing and spraying Roundup. Probably go to bed early tonight and.. you know.... read. It's like a date that never ended!
We've managed to have two beautiful, if slightly sarcastic children during that time, and if we play our cards right, they'll move out within the next four years. Then we can read out loud!
How long have the married among us been together, and how has your life changed?

My wife and I met when I was 17 years old, a junior in high school. That was back in May of 2002. She is my high school sweet heart.
We were married on October 22, 2006.

sudsmonkey said:
Wow! Bet she hasn't even walked in on you taking a dump yet! Ahhh, the salad days.....

HAHA thats funny. We lived together for over a year and a half before we got married, so we are well past that.

Forgot to say congrats on your 17 years, thats awesome! :mug:

A couple weeks (17 Aug) will be 22 years for us. This next weekend we move the youngest to collage and it will be just mom and me again. I can't wait!!

17 years in April of this year. My wife is awesome! Very supportive of all my crazy ideas. She even convinced me to quit my job last month and get into the beer business. :rockin:

lady fingers said:
18 + years for me. I credit beer with the longevity.

Good ol' beer....

*Correction!!*

Well, I logged on with SWMBO's computer and posted the above comment. I wasn't thinking that she'd opened an account to try and win me a prize. I've been ordered to clarify that the comments were mine. She must be obeyed.

She, of course, credits commercial cider and vodka for the eighteen years.

There. All is good now.

Fingers

I am not even married but have been living with SWMBO for practically 3 years, does that count?

Getting married in one year and 4 days.

Sept. 1 will be 28 years. Don't hardly seem a day over 75. Just kidding. If it were not for my wife, I'd likely be dead by now, or at least homeless ,wishing I were dead.

9 years, 10 this coming Feb. 14. and i am one of the wierder ones, as aggravating as she can get (i am sure i am worse) i LOVE my wife!

11 months as of the 23rd. But we've been together for 10 years.

Check this out: my best friend from high school called me up the other week and had a Redskins ticket available for Sept. 23rd. Without thinking, I said hell yes...I've never been to see them at FedEx. When I mentioned this to the wife...you shoulda seen the look on her face. Nice way to start out my track record for anniversaries.

Back