Grady's Red Bear Strong Ale - Video of first pour.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHeadGrady

Reaction score
Hello All. This is a recipe I did using english 2 row, cara-pils, DME, Muntons Premium Gold Midas Touch Ale and UK Kent Goldings Leaf hops.

1. Mashed 2.5 LBS of English 2 row with 100g of cara-pils. 2 step infusion mash process used.

2. Added mash to main boil. Boiled .5Kg of DME with wort from previous mash for 45 min adding hops at 45, 15, and 5 min. Added Irish Moss.

3. Killed heat and added the other .5Kg of DME as well as the Muntons to the mash/extract.

4. Added to 4L of ice cold water in the fermenter.

5. Added wort to the fermenter

6. Topped up to 25L

7. Pitched Muntons gold yeast dry at 23C ( I make a starter now).

OG 1060 FG 1010

Video (Sorry I knock the camera a bit at the end of the vid):

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, good looking beer Grady, it should be quite tasty, I nearly crapped my pants when you hit the camera at the end, it startled me real good, lol.:mug:

Thanks! Yeah I suppose I should edit that out eh? I make note of it in the description, but still, it even scared me when I watched it... :eek:

The only bad thing about this beer is it's strength. Its a hi octane brew, but it does have a nice flavor and bite. Def not a session beer.
It packs a nice punch. I think in 3 weeks it will be amazing.

Hmm it's Fri aft... Maybe it's time to crack another sample? :rockin:

Back