Slammed my thumb in the car door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, yeah, nailed my thumb pretty damned good, and it's nothing a doctor can do much about. OTC meds don't really dully the pain, and a doc won't give the happy meds for this. Soooo, I'm hitting up nature's painkiller tonight, druck as anything. Damn it does this hurt but w/e, I've got plenty of beer on tap, and Crown Black in my cup. Thaaaaaaank goodness for booze, tonight would have REALLY sucked without it! :mug:

Where is the photo? sounds like just like an excuse to me.

Ouch! I did that when I was a kid. Caught it below the knuckle and broke the bone and got a deep cut too. My thumb swelled up like a sausage. So if yours swells up, it may be broken. Anyway, I hope it's better tomorrow.

I don't have one of my thumb, its not that impressigve. But I have one of my shoulder that I brok this yer!

1295-arm2.jpg

On to the rum now! Cubra Lirbes! wooooooo

On an off topic note, how are you liking the crown black? I got some, and was pretty disappointed by lack of smoothness and oaky flavor... They don't claim to be single malt, but still.

And that extra ABV in the Crown Black isn't doing the trick for your finger eh? Must've smashed it good haha

The black is fine, but I don't feel the extra cost for it is justified. It mixes about as well as regular crown with a ginger alle for example, but it isn't worth the premium for it. The cask was a bit nice and I might pick up another sometime. I do however like mixing my beverages with coke or ginger ale, so I don't get sipping liquor too often.

Rum is wonderful in that regar - so many awesoem rums under 40 bucks, and the sugra cane flavors are diviiiine. mmmmmmmmmmm oh noez, teh rum in my cup is almost gone

I did that when I was a kid too. On the flip side, when I became of age, I was was working on my car, spinning the front tire. To my dismay, I had my thumb in the hole in the hubcap, along with the spinning tire. I ended up hitting the disc brake with my thumb and lost my nail. Turned black and blue and was really nasty for about a month....

D'jever notice though...when you slam your thumb in a car door...only vulgar profanities help the pain go away?

Yelling 'FUDGE' is somehow not as cathartic as the alternative.

At my last job, I was sliding some molds across a table. One of them caught an edge and landed on its back (very very flat) on the table (also very flat). I caught my fingers behind it when it fell and three of the fingers got pinched at the joint closest to the hand. It was only about 60 pounds, but it was more than enough. No bruising, no cuts, no broken bones. It hurt to move my fingers for about two days, and I really couldn't grip anything with any real authority for about a week. And it still hurt a little bit about a month later. Of course it had to be my dominant hand...

I feel your pain, brother.

i slammed my pinky fanger in a car door... about 24 years ago, luckily the one and only time!

jammed right thumb at work opening an electronic security knob about 5 years ago.. took 4 months to recover.

broke right ring/pinky region right hand in car accident 2 years ago... still only ~80% recovered due to a facial-impact yesterday at wally world.

I smashed my thumb nail pretty good as a young kid. It must have been pretty bad, I don't really remember, but enough my mom took me to the doctor's office. I wouldn't let him see or touch it but finally he convinced me he wasn't going to do anything just look at it. He took my thumb, looked at it and before I could pull back he grabbed the nail and pulled it right off. I had NO nail left showing, I can still hear the noise my nail made as it hit things while flying around the room. Rat bastard!!!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back