Bubbles... Bubbles... Bubbles !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowens

Reaction score
2nd Batch of Beer is still bubbling great after 3 days in the fermentor:ban:

I don't have a question, I just had to share:tank:

Brewsmith said:
Airlock sniffing yet? :D
Hey I thought I was the only one to do that..
leaving.gif

Hah Ha Hah!

Actually my son (2 1/2) starts sniffing at the air now everytime he sees the carboys becuase he has seen me sniff the airlock and I have let him have a whiff a few times too.

Bad influence I guess...

I literally make my GF take sniffs. It's (just about :rolleyes:) the only thing I ever pester her to do. :ban:

On the bubbling, anyone else notice the rhythmic sound has a soothing effect. It's almost like having a living sleep-aid sound generator. You know, like those white noise generators or the "sounds of the waves crashing" CD's.

<walks away devising a scheme to get teh woman to let me move the brews to the bathroom next to the bedroom>

GIusedtoBe said:
I'd be shocked if everybody did'nt do that!
I'll go so far as to say everybody SHOULD do it! That nice healthy,yeasty fresh beer smell is a good indicator that everything is going as planned, and no nasty microbes have set up shop in our brew.

The first time I tried it with Apfelwein, it was a bit of a surprise...a touch on the sour side.

Back