Bottled my dunkelweizen...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
It's going to the HBT competition, and DAMN was my sample tasty. Tasted young, but the roasty, chocolatey, :ban:-ey goodness was definitely present. Anyway, just wanted to make you all jealous of the awesomeness ;)

Update: all 3 competition brews are bottled!

Recipes? I just listened to Jamil Z's episode on Dunkelweisens, and am planning on doing one next week. I love the dark creaminess with just a subtle touch of roast. Mmmm!

Glad I'm not entering one in that category! Good luck!

Been thinking about making one for a while-- still haven't decided on the recipe though.

-Steve

I'll post the recipe after I get to taste it, this is the evolution of my first dunkelweizen. Everyone loved that, and this recipe is about 80% the same, so hopefully the changes are only going to make it better :D

Oh yeah, all three competition brews are in the bottle now! I really don't know why I didn't start out AG, the beer is just far better. The tastes I have taken from pre-bottling are good, none of what I now can attribute to extract twang like I used to have (even from PMs). Hope no one was planning on winning in the dunkelweizen, ESB, or Irish Red category :p

Back