Yankee Ingenuity VI- Mud season session 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it is over. Weather was nice for most of the morning. Started to rain as everybody but Jester finished up. Then it stopped again as soon as he was done and took a hydro reading.

Left the photography to the pros.

It was a good time, fairly uneventful. With the exception that Jester & Red forgot their computer. Anybody know how to get hold of them?

um.... yeah! i think i know them. :eek:

it may have been uneventful but it was lots o' fun. we'll post some pics later if we get the chance.

Guess I'll have an Apple to play with for a while. Let's see what this thing has on it. Got to be some good pics. ;)

Just kidding.

How would you like to get you 'puter back? We could UPS it out tomorrow. PM me if you wish.

Yes, it was a very good time. :mug:

Thanks again to everybody that came.

And thank you EvanMars for hosting this event .. What a wonderful place you have in Bennington and SOO much hop-growing space ...Great that we could all make the time..

I believe August is looking good for a Windham chapter to unfold in the never-ending Yankee Ingenuity Adventure. Maybe by then we will have some decent bandwidth here in the Mountains' :)

Pleasure To make some new friends from Stowe ! What a fine effort for 10 gallons of Bitter !

with what little battery life i have on my computer behold: the group picture. :D

thanks for a fun day! we must do again sometime soon!

DSCN2435.JPG

Are bird's eyes crossed? That's certainly how I felt Sunday morning myself. My apologies for not making the event, as my 40th birthday seems to be getting in the way of a lot of things this week.:eek:

My August is booked with vacation stuff. The only dates I am available are 8/16, 8/23, 8/24. If we can agree on a date, I'll committ. Promise no flaking this time. Is Northern Exposure going to be up at Stowe or Windham?

Did everyone get their yeast?

Got the 1056 and the 550. Don't know the exact volume of 1056 I pitched (maybe a inch worth from the jar), but had HUGE fermentation this morning in a pretty modest beer. Send the 5-gallon keg and $$ over with kappclark, as well.

1056 seems to be working in my 1044 ale .. bubbling away this AM

Glib - pls pm to let me know when/how I should drop off the goods.

With Fermentation temps between 64-68f I have seen the 1056 ferment out in 72-84 hours. With a good pitiching rate that stuff friggin blasts off.

That 550 is another story. I like to slighlty under pitch with it, and on the cooler side, like say around 64f. This usually requires some patience, but huge on the payoff!

If you guy's are doing something in Stowe on the 16th I'll be sure to make an appearance. Swmbo and I will be up that way for the car show.

Well, I had to drive back down and collect my computer, but it was all worth it when I opened my fermentation fridge and heard the sweet sound of bubbling this morning.

Thanks again evanmars - we had a really great time :mug:

I was pretty beat by the time we finished up.

Jester, you drove ALL THE WAY BACK for your 'puter? Did you not realize it was missing until you got back to Stowe? Damn....

Yeah - it sucked pretty bad, but I had some data on it that I had to send out today. Fortunately evanmars wife works about 1/2 hour closer than their house, so I picked it up there and trimmed some time off the trip.

Ok so here are some additional shots of the day...

ORLY? Yes RLY!
ORLY.jpg

the_bird couldn't believe it when we told him his 5 gallon batch was boiling over in his 15 gallon keggle...
Boilover1.jpg

but then, I couldn't believe it when my 10 gallon batch boiled over in my 25 gallon kettle!
Boilover2.jpg

The supervisor, keeping watch...
BrewBabe.jpg

the_bird also showed us how a turkey frier makes a great wok burner, too. Mmmmmmm... tasty...
MultiUseFryer.jpg

evanmars (seen above grabbing some eats) also grilled up some kabobs and corn.

Excellent time was had!
:mug:

I am glad that you kids had a good time and I am sorry that I missed an opportunity to meet Red!!

I myself was on the north shore at a pig roast all weekend and just couldn't do much of anything on sunday.:rockin: Actually, I learned how to brew... Biodiesel, we made 50 gallons...

sorry I never got back to you bill about a ride, this is my first time online in 2 weeks, I was on the road for work.

Back