No wicked hangover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab

Reaction score
Cracked three 22ers of my first homebrew last night(IPA) that has been resting in the bottle for three weeks. Pretty good! I was pretty well off, and this morning didn't have the pounding headache I would normally have after six or so commercial micros.

Is this typical? Are they putting chemicals in the commercial stuff that causes the headaches?

:drunk:

It's the yeast in the homebrew that prevent the headaches, I think. Homebrew contains B12 vitamins, which alcohol tends to deplete--so it keeps you blanced.:mug:

One of the first things I noticed.

I could drink 1 BMC and get a headache. Of course decent beer like Sam Adams or the microbrews don't give me headaches after a beer or 2 either. I heard that one of the things about large commercial brew is the have fusal (did i spell that right) alcohols that you don't get in home brew because most home brewers allow their beer to condition properly.

Be sure and drink plenty of water to keep from getting dehydrated.

Fusel, but I think you are right about conditioning. They have to use larger equipment and it makes it difficult for them to do what we can do. I have yet to have a hangover with just home brew. Given, I don't get passed out drunk off of it though. Mix in some Irish/Scotch whisky and it is a whole other matter.

Since I became a professional drinker I don't get hangovers anymore.
My problem is this permanant beer barrel that has attached itself to my waist that I cannot seem to get rid of.
AP

abracadabra said:
One of the first things I noticed.

I could drink 1 BMC and get a headache. Of course decent beer like Sam Adams or the microbrews don't give me headaches after a beer or 2 either. I heard that one of the things about large commercial brew is the have fusal (did i spell that right) alcohols that you don't get in home brew because most home brewers allow their beer to condition properly.

Be sure and drink plenty of water to keep from getting dehydrated.
+1 on the BMC and drinking water.

I think it gets down to a good fresh beer that is less adulterated is simply healthier.

BMC is made with a fair portion of rice and I think that has something to do with it as well.

I got absolutely blasted last night on micro and I woke up this morning before my alarm went off very well rested, never felt better. Best thing was I paid $3 and I think our table had 35 pitchers of beer brought to it.

I don't get a hangover from homebrew either. Sometimes I can't feel my face until about 10:00 o'clock, but I don't have a problem with that.....

mrk305 said:
I don't get a hangover from homebrew either. Sometimes I can't feel my face until about 10:00 o'clock, but I don't have a problem with that.....
Same here. Sometimes I could swear there's a lingering "buzz", but no headache, neckache, dry mouth or or "ills".

That's kinda how I feel, like if I had only drank more I would probably be sick, but never get sick. I never knew this about unfiltered beer. I have been sick off beer from the brewpub before, but it was filtered.

Sea said:
In fact, the more HB you drink, the better you feel the next day! It's like superfood.:D

I dont know about that haha. I had 4-5 homebrews last night and I have just an ever so slight headache. I guess I should have taken my hangover killers, AKA Motrin 800 haha. :D

Back