CODE RED - Mountain Dew Code Red recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZOTH99

Reaction score

Well I've let the kids assist with me brewing as I go thru some of the science with them.

Now I'm thinking well I need to make something they can have fun drinking. I was going to do a simple rootbeer or orange soda but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has one or ideas on how to accomplish this. I did a search and turned up nothing but beer recipes that were not close to this at all. plus I need to make and keg something for the kids.

So here it goes, anyone have any ideas on what I need to make this Mountain Dew Code Red? recipe?

thanks in advance my kids will be stoked if I can pull this off. I haven't told them or said anything to them in case it's not possible.

Boy - tough question. If I had to guess it would actually be normal Mountain Dew and cherry grenadine. I would get a 20oz. of Code Red and buy a twelve pack of regular Mt. Dew. Try some proportions and do some taste testing. Be careful though - that grenadine can go a long way. I would start with a teaspoon per 12 oz. and go up from there.

Hope this helps!
Scott

I would start with some a regular mountain dew as scott mentioned and add some maraschino syrup. If that works, mix up your own syrup with a cherry flavoring from the supermarket baking aisle and then add that to a homemade mountain dew recipe. I have one on my blog, but it could use some work.

Back