Okay she's taken the cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernik

Reaction score
A friend of ours who has lived in the Portland/Seattle area for the last 8 years broke up with her boyfriend, lost her job, and moved back here to SLC all in the last two weeks. Because she always gave my wife a place to land when she needed it, my wife said she could stay with us until she got a job here.

She moved in Saturday.

Keep in mind its been about 10 years since they were last roommates.

Since Saturday, I've had to listen to me wife gripe about her. Every annoying habit that she's ever had has been detailed to me by my wife for the last 5 days. Such as, "She can go through a 32-ounce bottle of creamer in 3 days."

I've been good. I've said nothing but, "I'm sorry honey." Instead of saying, "It wasn't me that offered her a place to stay."

Until today. She made a run to the grocery store. She filled up my beer shelf... the fridge shelf for my homebrews... with Killian's Irish Red.

I guess its better than coming home and finding all the homebrew is gone.

Killian's Irish Red is an okay beer I drink it on tap here and there if I'm at a bad selection place like a Hooters....

So take this opportunity to clone that sucker since you have plenty of free samples.

With the title and the setup of that story I expected a different climax and denouement. :D

Not to mention he forgot to inform us whether she was hot. :p

Agreed... We really need a to see if she is worth living in the house or ugly enough to be kicked out???

:ban:

images.jpg

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

Not hot enough for me to consider stepping out on SWMBO. Not sane enough to consider dating if I was single.

I thought she'd skipped town with some tasty baked goods.

SWMBO's cousin stayed with us over new years, along with his girlfriend. Being family, the "make yourself at home, what's mine is yours" offer was extended.

At 2:00am I had to go out to the living room to ask them to keep it down a wee bit, since the wife and I had to be up for work the next day. And found the cousin, sitting on the couch, chugging my 2008 Surly Darkness. From the bottle. The coffee table was crowded with empties, a lot of them, like the Surly, from my "special shelf" in the beer fridge. Speechless, I went back to bed.

They left two days later. Not even a six pack of Bud Light was returned to the fridge. She had been stripped barren, and bare, and just a few Fat Tires and AVBC Winter Solstices remained.

If they ever come back, the ****ers are staying in a hotel.

What I got from this was "A single chick filled a shelf in my fridge with non-BMC beer."

I guess your priorities change when you get married :D

I thought she was broke. Where'd she get money for Killians?
All in all though, there are much worse things than some one putting beer in your fridge.

What I got from this was "A single chick filled a shelf in my fridge with non-BMC beer."

I guess your priorities change when you get married :D

Dude, you might want to google Killians and find out who makes it. I'll give you a hint: it's the "C" in BMC.

I have become the grinch in my family. Only the mother-in-law is allowed to stay because she actually pays for stuff she eats. My sister in law stayed with us for 3 days and went through a case (32?) of bud light, some cheap-o high gravity gas station stuff (smell made me sick), 4 of MY SNPAs, and 4 bottles of wine. I hid the hard liquor before she came over. She drank after we went to bed. The only thing we offered her was the bud and she brought the black water HG stuff. I still don't know how she opened the wine bottles since she could seem to find the corkscrew. She said laughing that she was doing us a favor by only drinking our cheapest wine. I wasn't amused and told her she had 5 minutes to get her stuff and leave. She hasn't been back since.

My wife doesn't like people staying with us either, so she just blames me. Works for me.:mug:

Okay you know how I mentioned, "Too crazy"?

Normally I don't get home until 7pm. SWMBO doesn't get home until 9pm. Today the "roommate" locked herself out of the house. Instead of going to a neighbor's house (that I share a driveway with) to call one of us, she attempted to jimmy one of the windows with a screwdriver from the garden shed.

She knew I was coming home early (2pmish), to repair some winter damage to the roof. She says she forgot. She tried to pry it open around 1:30pm. She shattered the window. And it wasn't one of the crappy 70 year old windows that needs to be replaced anyway. No, she picked one of the new storm windows that needs 2 weeks to order and replace the glass in.

I have plywood in the window frame until the new glass arrives.

So now I'm half way through a double Scotch and getting increasingly paranoid that the temp will swing too much in my basement brew closet and my cyser will get a stuck fermentation.

Tell your wife she hit on you, came into the room naked or something. I would tell the new roommate where to order the window from, you break it you buy it.

At least she offered to pay for the window.

On the Killians part, I wouldnt ***** too much. In my neck of woods I'm happy to drink a Killians anytime I go drink somewhere.

Amazingly, this thread is amusing. I thought it was supposed to be about pitching on a yeast cake, but hey... if she ate the cake and left the beer, you're better off right?

Back