Bottle storage using cardboard shipping boxes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReeseAllen

Reaction score
I finally got around to ordering some boxes for all my bottles. My LHBS only sells flimsy 6-pack holders so I had to go online. I bought two bundles of ten 24-pack boxes from here which arrived this week. Paid $105.37 in total, which works out to $5.27 per case, or 22 cents per bottle.

attachment.php

A bundle of ten boxes

attachment.php

The inserts

The boxes each take about 2 minutes to build, including the inserts, and you need some good packing tape or duct tape for the bottom. They are really sturdy and if you stack them high, you will run into problems with the tower toppling over before the boxes even come close to collapsing. The cardboard is very thick, even the inserts.

attachment.php

All of my bottled beer now resides in a footprint of 3x1 feet :)

attachment.php

Works great for clean empties, too. 48 bottles from Deschutes and 48 from New Belgium, ready for sanitizing and bottling. Then, right back into the same box for conditioning and storage.

The days of bottles all over the damn place are finally over at my house. Now to find a way to store the equipment mess...

2010-01-09 15.57.32.jpg

2010-01-09 15.57.45.jpg

2010-01-09 15.57.57.jpg

2010-01-09 15.58.46.jpg

Thank you...Ive been looking at them for a while im sick of not being able to utilize the space i have. this will be my next purchase to orginize my bottles

I didn't want to spend so much money 8.00 per case, so I ordered the white 10x10x10 box (S4430) and 10x10 cardboard pads. You need to cut the pads in half and and cut the slot to create the inserts, but is much cheaper. Yield is 16 cases that hold 16 12 oz longneck bottles. Boxes are a dollar each, and the dividers work out to a dollar each. This does not include shipping. 2.00 per case is gr8, plus you can paste your logo on the side of the white box and it looks very nice.

16 bottle box.jpg

Thank you...Ive been looking at them for a while im sick of not being able to utilize the space i have. this will be my next purchase to orginize my bottles

Just go to Binny's and grab some empty boxes.

I've found that standard office file boxes will fit 4 six-pack holders rather nicely. I also beg beer boxes sometimes from a local store that carries a nice selection of craft brews.

Back