2008 Simcoe 13.2% $25 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you compare Simcoe to, say, Amarillo?

I've read they go very well together, but I don't know the characteristics of Simcoe.

I use them together all the time. Simcoe is a fairly high alpha 13.2 hop on the citrus and grapefruit side. Simcoe is by far my favorite hop, and has made it's way to the top of the list for IPA and IIPA brewers both in home and commercialy. It, like Amarillo is somewhat hard to come by most of the time.
Jay

Okay, you talked me into it, I'll take one. :)

If you can send a paypal request to my username here at gmail.com I'll get a paypal payment right out to you.

Mine came in at 15.25oz, awesome deal for $25/shipped. Just enough for 2 batches of dbl Simcoe IPA @ 7oz each - or one at 8.25oz ;).

I think we need some Simcoe based recipes posted here now. I need to know what to do with mine. I'd like a good IPA/IIPA recipe. I've always wanted to brew one, but couldn't afford the hops for it:) Now I've got hops and no recipe. And I'm not going to waste my hops on a botched recipe from my mind.

There's a good Simcoe IPA on Brewmasters Warehouse in the Recipes section. :)

You've brewed it and it's good? Cool, removing the hops makes it only $23 3 Liter Yeast Starter?? I really need to order an Flask and build a stir plate soon!

I've brewed that recipe twice but with a different but similar variety of hops and it's great.

So no, I haven't brewed precisely that recipe, but I can't imagine it won't be great with Simcoe.

well good. Maybe I can squeeze in two brew sessions next month. i want to get a Belgian Tripel started for a christmas time brew but want to start getting these Simcoe's used up as well. Maybe I'll convert that Brewmasteres to a IIPA or IIIPA use them all at once:)

If you have any Bell's ale hanging around... that recipe is great with Bell's yeast (which I'm very suspicious is WLP051/Wyeast 1272 anyway).

I got my hops yesterday, thanks Jay. Also, I appreciate you holding the shipment until after the weekend.

Back