Victory Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found out that Northern California is loosing their (our) distributorship for Victory Brewing Company. I have become VERY fond of their beers, their Golden Monkey tripel and the V12. The Golden Monkey Tripel is the freeken bomb!!!!!!! Have you had it? I guess I am wondering #1 does anybody have a clone recipe? Would you be willing to help me create one? I have E-mailed the brewery to try and find out WHY,WHY WHY they must leave our area, I will see if they respond.
Anyway anyone have a recipe or want to help?
Cheers
JJ

No sympathy here, I live in Alabama and have the < 6% rule. Quit whining. :D

LOL, I'm a outlaw in this state. Better watch out. Outlaws are dangerous. :D

Lord to get a good Imperial Stout in this state. :mad:

I've seen a few GM clones online but I can't vouch for their authenticity. GM always seems a bit under attenuated to me but it is a shame your losing Victory's product....Hopefully it's only temporarily. They have a really nice line up and some of their keg only products are really outstanding.

I love victory. Could be my favorite brewery. I have seen TONS of compeltly different clones for golden monkey so who knows which one is acurate. You are just going to have to try them all and then let us know which is best.

I love victory. Could be my favorite brewery. I have seen TONS of compeltly different clones for golden monkey so who knows which one is acurate. You are just going to have to try them all and then let us know which is best.

Got any idea where to find some? I searched last night for hours:drunk::D

That is Freeken funny. I was smashed :drunk::drunk:LOL. Huh who would have thought:confused:
It looks like the 3 you linked are all the same recipe from the same guy.
Thanks for the links
JJ

:D

If you search NB, I think Denny has a recipe (and I figured he would have posted it in that thread). Course, I think he is posting here now so he might chime in.

Just putting this out there but I would be willing to send you some victory in exchange for some pliny if you can get it.

Just putting this out there but I would be willing to send you some victory in exchange for some pliny if you can get it.

I have 3 GM right now, that Iam going to keep and try to clone it. It's all I could find in the area. I don't even think I can get Pliny to be honest w/ you. Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind.
Cheers
JJ

Back