Man Travels Through Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant watch the vidio right now so I dont know if he went to the future or past. But if he went into he future I see there still isnt a cure for baldness.

The really cool thing is the GPS satellites (well all satellites really) are actually traveling faster through time than we are on earth. The earths gravity slows time, and the farther you are from a gravity well or the faster you are going, the faster time travels for you.

The really cool thing is the GPS satellites (well all satellites really) are actually traveling faster through time than we are on earth. The earths gravity slows time, and the farther you are from a gravity well or the faster you are going, the faster time travels for you.

Time dialation. It's the truth.

And remember kids, time travel is impossible just because Stephen Hawking said so :drunk:

I f*cking hate that crippled arrogant prick.

Does time slow down as you approach the speed of light? Or is that just around Black Holes?

Both really, it is affected by speed and gravity. Traveling faster would make time go by faster for you and the black hole would have the opposite affect though.

If I time traveled from right now, to some point in time 5 years into the future, would I end up in the empty space where the earth used to before the universe expanded and the solar system including earth is now in a different location?

Where would I be in space if time was changed?

If I time traveled from right now, to some point in time 5 years into the future, would I end up in the empty space where the earth used to before the universe expanded and the solar system including earth is now in a different location?

Where would I be in space if time was changed?

The Milky Way is currently traveling anywhere from 130-600 km/s so in 5 years time you would be a long way from the earth. Unless you keep your current momentum that is.

I thought you slowly shriveled up as you got older. Why is he slightly taller and wider at 70?

This guy was walking through the Hill Country and came across this huge cave on the side of a large hill. At the end he could see light so he walked in and went to the light. He peaked out of this hole and saw the other side of the hill. There were Indians having a skirmish, vegetation was different, it was a portal back in time.

I read it in a book as a child.

I AM FROM THE FUTURE. *fires automatic weapon* IN THE FUTURE THERE IS A WAR BETWEEN THE HUMANS AND THE ROBOTS. TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS! I AM FROM THE FUTURE.

I love reno 911

If I met myself some 40 years in the future I don't think I'd be able to hold my "mobile" steady enough to take such a brilliant video. I mean it doesn't even look like his left arm is being used to take video on his cell phone. Plus, I would really hate to see what happens when he replaces the wax ring on his toilet!

I AM FROM THE FUTURE. *fires automatic weapon* IN THE FUTURE THERE IS A WAR BETWEEN THE HUMANS AND THE ROBOTS. TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS! I AM FROM THE FUTURE.

I love reno 911

HAH!

The way I see it, going back in time will never be possible, otherwise we would have met some future people by now. Think about it.

Unless that's where orfy's come from.

I like your thinking, BUT:

I want to believe that we're smarter and wiser in the future - especially someone that would be bright enough to come up with a time-travel device... and they would anticipate the negative effect the mere knowledge of time-travel possibility would have (us researching it more dilligently once learning that it's possible, altering it's development, changing the time traveler's past).

So, even a semi-intelligent traveller wouldn't identify himself as such, and we would never know.

Personally, I love the idea of time travel.
But everyday common sense tells me it's impossible.
But from what little I know of physics & mathmatical theory (I'm an enthusiast, I read books and listen to Hawking's lectures, but I'm pretty dumb when you get down to it)... but from what I know, it's theoretically possible... I mean, time is simply the 4th dimension. It's our own perception of that 4th dimension that makes it different than up/down/left/right/in/out. String theory regards what we call time equally to what we call space.

As soon as we get our heads out of our asses and wrap our minds around what the universe is really about, I think we should be able to accomplish time travel.

EDIT: <thinking> hopefully i didn't get too deep and kill this thread... i hope there's some people out there with some ideas to counter mine...

I like your thinking, BUT:

I want to believe that we're smarter and wiser in the future - especially someone that would be bright enough to come up with a time-travel device... and they would anticipate the negative effect the mere knowledge of time-travel possibility would have (us researching it more dilligently once learning that it's possible, altering it's development, changing the time traveler's past).

So, even a semi-intelligent traveller wouldn't identify himself as such, and we would never know.

Personally, I love the idea of time travel.
But everyday common sense tells me it's impossible.
But from what little I know of physics & mathmatical theory (I'm an enthusiast, I read books and listen to Hawking's lectures, but I'm pretty dumb when you get down to it)... but from what I know, it's theoretically possible... I mean, time is simply the 4th dimension. It's our own perception of that 4th dimension that makes it different than up/down/left/right/in/out. String theory regards what we call time equally to what we call space.

As soon as we get our heads out of our asses and wrap our minds around what the universe is really about, I think we should be able to accomplish time travel.

EDIT: <thinking> hopefully i didn't get too deep and kill this thread... i hope there's some people out there with some ideas to counter mine...

If you read David Deutch's theory on the multiverse and time travel, he has come up with an idea of how it is achievable within the laws of physics.

So his dad and him got the same tattoo (although his dad's is older thant his, because of the fading) and they filmed each other. Wow.

The bright light I'm putting down to hard drugs.

wait, i thought the faster you went the slower time goes for you. as in, if you are approaching the speed of light, time for YOU moves very slowly compared to things moving at a much slower speed. could be wrong though . . .

That's right GregR, but if you're the one moving faster time doesn't appear to be moving slower, only to outside observers watching you. To you time still moves at the same pace.

Back