UK Pressure barrels.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyfaceBear

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm quite new to beer making, I've heard a lot about pressure barrels. They seam to be very available in the UK, but not here in the States. I was born in the UK but moved many years ago, and my stepdad insists this is the best way to store the beer. He does tend to be out of touch with the world though. Anyway this is a two part question. Are these things available anywhere in the States, and are they any good? I mostly make bitters, and stouts, and prefer low carbonation. I'll import one if they are worth it.

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

I apologize if this subject has been covered, I couldn't really find what I wanted through the search function.

Cheers
:mug:

I have one, have not used it for years. Got it from Boots. It takes small sodastream cartriges. Keep meaning to dust it off and try it out.
Difficult to fit it in a fridge which is why I haven't used it much out here (I moved from Scotland to Australia).

oh and welcome!

Back