It is time to trymy first bottle if homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jongrill

Reaction score
NB White House Honey Porter...

Here goes nothing!

image-2632594641.jpg

Not to bad... Not to good... Kind of sweet and sour at the same time. I taste the honey but I also taste apples? Huh?

It's young... Only two weeks old.

What should I be looking for?

The first of many my friend. With each passing brew day, you will learn something new. You will be making kick a** beer in no time :rockin:

Apple flavor = acetaldehyde, one of the intermediate products yeast go through between maltose and ethanol. given time the yeast finish converting it to ethanol. Let the bottle sit where it is warm for another 2 weeks and then chill one to try. Then leave the rest where it is warm for another 3 weeks so the dark beer matures. Then you will have good beer.

RM-MN said:
Apple flavor = acetaldehyde, one of the intermediate products yeast go through between maltose and ethanol. given time the yeast finish converting it to ethanol. Let the bottle sit where it is warm for another 2 weeks and then chill one to try. Then leave the rest where it is warm for another 3 weeks so the dark beer matures. Then you will have good beer.

Science is awesome! was it safe to drink? ha!

Sounds good! Looks like I'm off to the bottle show for something to hold me over.

davekippen said:
The first of many my friend. With each passing brew day, you will learn something new. You will be making kick a** beer in no time :rockin:

Thanks Dave! I hope so!

Back