reusing yeast try #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattim

Reaction score
So I just bottled some AHS Irish Red Ale that I fermented with a vial of WLP007 (final SG= 1.014). After draining my bucket into the bottles, I grabbed a bunch of the mud into a sanitized bottle. Can someone point me to a simple method to reuse this? I used pellet hops in a hop bag during the boil, so it isn't contaminated by a bunch of leftover hop solids.

Thanks!
patti

Thank you - he never mentioned the actual temperature that the washing was done at - but the assumption is at refrigerator temperatures. Is that correct?

it should be at the same temp as the yeast. usually you would want everything to be at room temp so the yeast loosens up a little. if it was refrigerator temp the yeast and trub would be compact

If you plan on only using just that amount once then just pitch it on your next batch within about a week,otherwise wash it into a few other containers.Using the yeast washing sticky in the yeast discussion forum.

Back