AG brew day in less than 3 hours... possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My single tier e HERMS allows me to to get through my mash in, boil, and chill is just about 3 hours(roughly 60 minute mash on average)(60 minute boil(takes only 10-15 minutes to get to boil as I heat while I sparge)(15 minutes to chill as it only takes one pass through my counterflow to get it to the same temp and my groundwater). In order to brew I set me rig up the night before and have a timer kick it on at 5am and begins to heat my HLT and mash water to target temp. I get up at 6, like usual, mash in, and get my coffee. This is of course possible because I brew all electric and, like the Ronco rotisserie, "set it and forget it"

I clean my mash tun while I'm boiling and start my Oxyclean regiment then. As soon as the last of the wort is in the fermentor, I pump the oxyclean through the heat exchanger into the BK and continue cleanup. This however is where time slows down because I let the oxyclean do it's trick and then run a sani clean rinse cycle before breakdown.

Back