My new Tuns...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieT

Reaction score
Been scrapping together the components for a new system and decided to go ahead and assemble / insulate my tuns (HLT and MLT) this weekend.. I think they cam out pretty well..

Tunz.JPG

Sorry for the crappy image.. A few too many Homebrewed Porters and a dead digital camera only left me with my cell phone camera..

Figured I would get some questions on the insulation..

It is 2-Layer..

The first layer is a high density foam yoga mat from Wally World.. Trimmed the width to 2" less than the height of the keg.. Those mats came with some elastic bands to hold the mat in a rolled condition for storage, used a little spray adhesive and the elastic bands, and some aluminum tape to hold the mat in place.

The second layer is reflectix from lowes.. The top folds over really nicely for a "tuck-and-roll" appearance..

The bottoms are also insulated using a similar method.. HLT is electric with a 5500w heating element..

Latest posts

Back