Greetings from Wausau, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TristanL

Reaction score
Brand new here, but not new to brewing. I'm still a power noob by any standards. Got started when I met a local brew hero in Steven's Point that runs a Brew Supply store. I pounded hard for a year or two and then my life changed a lot, got married and bought a house.

I'm ready to get started again. My homie James pushed me down the slope again. We brewed yesterday (a clone of a popular seasonal IPA) and now I have the bug something terrible. Check out the pics:

Picasa Web Albums - Tristan - CC Brew + Herf

I'm currently planning to put together an all grain setup (I.E. bribe my friend James to help me with it.) :mug:

I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about this great hobby.

Cheers!
Tristan

Welcome! I'm in Ethiopia but plan on moving to Schofield within the next six months. Had already planned on a trip to Stevens Point since it is a bit closer than Midwest in the middle of MI... Does your friend have a web site? Thanks. Tim

Welcome from Stevens Point! I too am currently in the middle of getting my all grain setup put together. I've got my picnic cooler lauter tun done so I've been doing 2.5 gallon all grain batches, but I really need to get off my lazy butt and cut the top off of this keg so I can get moving on the real thing.

Caldmoore, website is pointbrewsupply.com. Definitely a good place!

Thanks for the greetings fellas. I'm pumped there are so many fellas in the WI area on here! Anyone going to the Wausau club meeting on Thursday at the Bull Falls Brewery? I'll be there around 8PM.

I've considered going to one of the Bull Falls meetings but never really gave myself the push. Don't know anybody else in it either.

I'm busy tomorrow night though. Maybe next time around.

Welcome from Fond du Lac! Point Brew Supply is my favorite LHBS. If it weren't 75 minutes away I would go there a lot more often. They have the best grain prices around, IMHO. And Katina, the owner, always treats me great. (and she's real purty, too!:))

Welcome from Stevens Point. I also enjoy Point Brew Supply great owners. I do all my brewing in Appleton though so I don't go there as much as I should.

Welcome from Germantown. Definitely nothing noobish about your buddy's setup. What exactly is that that he's using for a heat shield? Looks like an old washer or dryer carcass.

Edit: We almost always stop at the cheese factory on Lake Dubay on the way to our cottage north of Hayward. Best cheese in the state.

Back