Hockey Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iagmc

Reaction score
How are you cooping with the lock out?

Is there a feed for pond hockey on the net that you are watching?

From the alternatives i have found on the net, AHL is not web cast. The USHL is web cast but you basically get to watch the score board monitor for $8 per game. Also the USHL use to be more of a beer league. it seems more like a JR College league now and not physical enough. I remember when the fought hard for the puck, now they empathize Respect, blah blah blah.

I would like to watch college games but can't seem to find them on Roku. I don't see how satellite is work the 60/month.

What are you all doing?

I'm busy. Kid in college first year. We go to the home football games. She plays in the band. She is now signed up for the pep band, and I was so excited until I found out it's the basketball band. At least she gets paid something to do it.

I've gone to Ferris Bulldog hockey games so far. Plan to go to Griffins games once things slow down with Football. Ferris broadcasts their hockey through a website, but it's not that great and costs $8. Forget that!

I've watched a bit of KHL games, etc. on the Dish, but really I have been too busy doing other things to miss it that much. Before I would choose to watch RW hockey rather than do this or that. This year I feel I'm better off.

If I could get free or nearly free Griffins games online, and the quality was decent, I'd probably watch. Maybe even pay $2 each. Ferris games are so few and far between I don't mind paying the $12-14 and drive 12 minutes to watch in person. They are more crowded this year after last year's NCAA Finals Showing. That won't happen again this year unless they can find a way to stop splitting the weekend.

Why do I feel like I answered this question already today? ;) Maybe somewhere else?

Hockey channel is keeping me relatively sane.

trying to get to a college game in January...UMass Lowell vs. UVM.

OHL, AHL, and the ECAC Tourney will be played in Lake Placid in March 2014. I have a great hookup for free tickets!

Luckily I have two WHL teams really close to me and 4 if I want to do a 1-3 hour road trip. It's decent hockey, not NHL but not bad. Lots of the kids are drafted already to NHL teams so there is some really good talent here. Playing twice a week helps too. :)

I'm not watching anything except for the odd NCAA game here and there. I'm kinda pissed this time around. The last lockout was a huge bummer...none the less, when hockey started up I came back with open arms. But this time, I'm just....ugh. The owners fought and kicked and cried until they got their "cost certainty" last time. They then proceeded to loophole the sh*t out of their own rules, giving out 14 year cap-circumventing contracts (not to mention negotiating them in bad faith over the past few months leading up to this lockout). And now they shut it all down again? Get your sh*t together, NHL. Greedy, dumb SOBs.

I'm a 34 year old Canadian, who has watched 50-100 televised games a year for probably 10 years, and at least a game a week for the 17 years or so before thet. I can honestly say that I don't miss it yet. My beer league is all I need.

The Boss is happy too, we're caught up on our PVR'd shows so far this fall......

In addition to my earlier post, I just watched "A King's Ransom" from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. It was an hour-long film documentary about the Gretzky trade by Peter Pocklington, the former Edmonton Oilers owner to Bruce McNall's LA Kings in the summer of 1988. I was a hockey player between my junior and senior years in HS and that trade (and Gretzky in general) had a profound impact on my life.

In addition to my earlier post, I just watched "A King's Ransom" from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. It was an hour-long film documentary about the Gretzky trade by Peter Pocklington, the former Edmonton Oilers owner to Bruce McNall's LA Kings in the summer of 1988. I was a hockey player between my junior and senior years in HS and that trade (and Gretzky in general) had a profound impact on my life.

A great book on the trade is "Gretzky's Tears" by Stephen Brunt. Paints a little different picture of the inside of the trade..... A great read.

This brings up something else I'll probably do in this lockout winter; read some hockey books!

A great book on the trade is "Gretzky's Tears" by Stephen Brunt. Paints a little different picture of the inside of the trade..... A great read.

This brings up something else I'll probably do in this lockout winter; read some hockey books!

Thanks, I'll check that one out. A title you might want to check out is "Ice Time: A Tale of Fathers, Sons and Hometown Heroes" by Jay Atkinson.

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0609809946/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching the AHL (Marlies) and the OHL when I see a game I'm interested in. The last week or so I've also been watching the Subway Super Series. Team WHL vs Team Russia tonight at 10 pm EST!

Have my league's playoffs to keep me going for now.

try to watch phantoms games when i get the chance.

I'm looking forward to the world junior tournament.

KayaBrew said:
OHL, AHL, and the ECAC Tourney will be played in Lake Placid in March 2014. I have a great hookup for free tickets!

I played at the old Olympic rink when I was a pewee, awesome facility. That's such a cool town.

I played at the old Olympic rink when I was a pewee, awesome facility. That's such a cool town.

Yeah, I love it up here. Placid is about 20 miles from my house. I work there and do a lot of business in and around town. The Lake Placid Brewfest was in the 1932 Olympic arena last month, and the Herb Brooks Arena (the Miracle on Ice) is right next door.

Denver got a new CHL team this year, the Cutthroats. I'm going to those games to get my fix. Not NHL caliber, but at least it's hockey.

Denver got a new CHL team this year, the Cutthroats. I'm going to those games to get my fix. Not NHL caliber, but at least it's hockey.

I live pretty close to the Ft Worth Brahmas home ice. Looks like we play you guys this Saturday in Denver. I went to a bunch of games last season because a buddy got free tickets, his wife is a cheerleader for the team. I think I need to call him up haha

I live pretty close to the Ft Worth Brahmas home ice. Looks like we play you guys this Saturday in Denver. I went to a bunch of games last season because a buddy got free tickets, his wife is a cheerleader for the team. I think I need to call him up haha

You Texans have cheerleaders for everything!

I haven't been to any Cutthroats games yet, but have been to a couple of DU Pioneer games...it's nice to have top tier college hockey in town!

Back