Anyone going to the Vermont Brewers Festival this coming wk-end?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This festival looks like a good one... I wish I had bought tickets in time. I'd love to meet some of the brewers of Wolavers in person, and Stone is also a big draw for me. By the time I got to the Stone table at ACBF they were out of samples.

If anyone has a pair of tickets for Saturday night please let me know. You can't beat a Saturday night in Burlington sampling beers on the green.

Looks like the weather's gonna be awesome!!!

2sakuhi.jpg

M_C

This turned out really well! The weather was just amazing!

Made it back home last night just short of midnight.

The VT Beer Fest was a great time! The weather couldn't not have been more perfect.

I schlepped about 100 kegs or so from the beer truck to the brewers stands, using 3 Bobcat/Kubota 4x4's (and with a team of 5 other guys). It was a rush at 11a to get all the kegs delivered to the brewers for a noon start but we pulled it off quite well.

The crowd on Friday night. This year they limited the number of tickets to 2,500, down from 3,000 last year (per session):

xeh75c.jpg

Sunset overlooking Lake Champlain:

x0nwrc.jpg

2e39zq0.jpg

Beer truck #1 (of 3).

2hqtpo7.jpg

#2:

sv3ng4.jpg

The Canuck during his volunteer work shift:

281bv4g.jpg

Saturday afternoon crowd:

wsabk0.jpg

New (to me) brewery, the Trapp Family Brewery from Vermont. They had a "Rauch session". (I'm not making that up obviously):

2yoya69.jpg

Also had a chance to visit the Shed Brewery in Stowe, VT:

2hnlstu.jpg

The biggest attractions at the Beer Fest were:

Lawson's Finest liquids. I didn't have the patience to wait in line for that one, it was always around a 30-minute wait. The other ones weren't though.

Most of the breweries from Quebec always get a lot of attention from Vermonters, mostly because their beers are not available/hard-ish to get in Vermont: Brouhaha, Dieu Du Ciel, Hopfenstark, Benelux. And a newcomer (to me anyways) from Vankleek Hill, Ontario, called "Beau's brewing".

Beau's had a delicious Kolsch (called "lugtread" - their kitsch is all farm/farm tractor related) that was amazing, but interestingly enough they had put in torrefied wheat instead of plain wheat (small percentage, but still, odd) in it. I could tell it was there - but just.

Link to breweries websites:

Lawon's Finest Liquids
Trapp Family Brewery
Brasserie Benelux
Brewpub Brouhaha
Dieu Du Ciel
Hopfenstark Brewery

Beau's Brewing

I noticed a moderately strong push on Belgian beers (to my dismay as y'all know me), and some double IPA's. All of the Quebec breweries were Belgian-centric.

M_C

I attended Friday night, and was very impressed! My favorite was Hill Farmstead Brewery! The Edward ale was so good. I waited in line for Lawson's and right when we got to the table(only 3 people in front of me) They announced they were out of beer! Never got to try any:( Overall Burlington is an awesome beer town. Every eatery has local craft beers on tap! Definitely going back next year.

I attended Friday night, and was very impressed! My favorite was Hill Farmstead Brewery! The Edward ale was so good. I waited in line for Lawson's and right when we got to the table(only 3 people in front of me) They announced they were out of beer! Never got to try any:( Overall Burlington is an awesome beer town. Every eatery has local craft beers on tap! Definitely going back next year.

There was something with Lawson's. In the beer truck, there were about 10 cornies (not 1/2 bbl) and we were never asked to bring them to the brewer, so I have no idea where their beer was coming from!

M_C

I'd love to make it up next year. This year wasn't going to happen, the wife was out of town so I had the kidlings in tow all weekend, but looks like a helluva time and Burlington's a helluva great little city.

I'd love to make it up next year. This year wasn't going to happen, the wife was out of town so I had the kidlings in tow all weekend, but looks like a helluva time and Burlington's a helluva great little city.

Make sure you book both your tickets and your hotel EARLY. All sessions sold out again this year.

M_C

Back