Wyeast Sweet Mead yeast attenuation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fusorfodder

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I picked up some honey on the cheap, nothing fancy, just 15lbs generic wildflower honey. I happen to have some spare carboys as well. Thus, I came to the conclusion, "I must make mead!" Anyhow, I picked up a packet of wyeast sweet mead yeast as well as some vanilla extract and have been planning on having a go at it. I want a sweet mead, but when I look up attenuation for the yeast all I find out is "medium." Well heck. Anyhow, Anyone familiar with using this yeast that can give me an idea of how it finishes? As it is OG looks like it would be about 1.104.

This will be my first mead, and the only thing I'm really wanting out of it is to be a bit on the sweet side. The only ingredients I'm looking at now are the honey, 8oz vanilla, yeast, water, and yeast nutrient. Any other input is welcome, but I'm not worried about a masterpiece or anything. Just a nice change in the fall or winter late this year :D

it finishes pretty sweet. it leaves 2-3% residual sugars i used this in a strawberry mead and it came out great not to sweet and no where near dry.

Latest posts

Back