School Project help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

Reaction score
Hi my names leon im 15 and in year 10, I have to do a project related to brewing beer. I need to do some research and i have the following questions, i would appreciate it if you could help me out.

1) Is there much difference between brew kits and brewing from ingrediants? if so what is that difference?

2) What is the main process of brewing?

3) What equiptment do you need to start brewing?

4) What types of beers are there and what is the difference between them?

5) what is the cost of brewing? i.e Price Range

Thanks for your help

Leon

leon said:
Hi my names leon im 15 and in year 10, I have to do a project related to brewing beer. I need to do some research and i have the following questions, i would appreciate it if you could help me out.

1) Is there much difference between brew kits and brewing from ingrediants? if so what is that difference?
Thanks for your help
Leon

Well i guess youve got all summer to figure this out. Some of these questions are pretty ambiguous and would involve a few hundred pages (double spaced) to adequately explain.
Ill give you the short word answer for starters...
1) Yes. alot.
2) Starch conversion/alcohol production
3) A fermenter and hydrometer
4) ales and lagers (English drink one, Germans and everyone else drinks the other)
5) 20-40 dollars per 5 gallons (and an additional 150-1,000 dollar start up cost)

I must say, Thanks for the Information, it really has helped me

We had a high school teacher who distilled beer into bourbon for chemistry class. The conversion of sugars into alcohols is a big part of high school science, if you haven't forgotten. My mom is a 6-8th grade science teacher and I've been trying to get her to base a class lab around brewing.

Hi my names (er..) cleon im 15 and in year 10, I have to do a project related to (er..) hot wiring (er..) starting my Dad's (er..) any car. I need to do some research and i have the following questions, i would appreciate it if you could help me out.

1) Is there much difference between late model and newer cars?

2) What is the main process of hot wiring?

3) What equiptment do you need to start a car without the keys?

4) What types of ignitions are there and what is the difference between them?

5) what is the cost of bail? i.e I don't want to call Dad
Thanks for your help

Cleon

leon said:

Thanks for your help

Leon
Hmmm.

IF you are really doing a report (odd, as in most areas school is just about over, but there are some year around schools), all I can say is:

DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK.

Cheesefood said:
We had a high school teacher who distilled beer into bourbon for chemistry class. The conversion of sugars into alcohols is a big part of high school science, if you haven't forgotten. My mom is a 6-8th grade science teacher and I've been trying to get her to base a class lab around brewing.
I remember my chemistry lesson well on the subject even twenty years later! Mine distilled alcohol too and offered it a fingertip taste to anyone bold enough to try. He also gave the sound advice that alcohol is poisonous, just like the copper sulphate solution he offered to taste by finger too would be in large dosages! :)

Bjorn Borg said:
1) Yes. alot.
2) Starch conversion/alcohol production

I'd add that one of the differences between kits (extract) and making it from scratch (all grain) is the addition of the starch conversion. With all grain you need to make barley (starch) into sugars. With the extract it is pre-converted. In both processes you need to make the sugars in to aclohol, with the help of yeast.

Your grammar and syntax are pretty good, but check your spelling and capitalize your "i"s. Otherwise people will think you're making the beer for personal research :)tank:), instead of a school project :)mug:).

Back