I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do we need a new "leader of this thread" at all. Can't we all just be chill and friendly?
Naah, that might work in regular threads, but this one here, this place is special.

"Cult of personality" is way too strong a description, but this thread was founded on the musings and celestial contemplations of a real one. Kindred spirits like ours are drawn like a moth to a flame.

Rare is the HBT contributor who can carry such a heavy mantle. It requires no less than the shoulders of a King.

Anyone ever lay flooring? I'm replacing all the wood in my house (gluedown), and carpeted bedrooms, with vinyl planks. Working on it tonight (taking a break from it at the moment actually). It's going well, but I expect the project to explode into chaos and disappointment at any moment (as per our usual arrangement).

Anyone ever lay flooring? I'm replacing all the wood in my house (gluedown), and carpeted bedrooms, with vinyl planks. Working on it tonight (taking a break from it at the moment actually). It's going well, but I expect the project to explode into chaos and disappointment at any moment (as per our usual arrangement).
I've done it 3 or 4 times (different places), and will be doing it again soon in the next 2-3 months.

I'm doing my best. The GC on the job (wife) is looking over it all the time. Starting in this one room.

1702779537758.png

My stepdad was a flooring guy. Had his own business. I tagged along a few days when we moved back home from overseas, just to contribute. Every part of his day was far beyond my abilities, from lugging heavy buckets of grout to hauling boxes of stone tiles. That elegant sapphire was HARD WORK! After we were done for the day, and I could barely reach my inner nostril to scratch it, he'd split a pile of firewood one-handed like it was nothing, then haul it into the house like it was the evening times. It was then that I realized how weak I truly am.

I don't think there's any way to do the stuff I have except chop saw
I've installed similar flooring to what you have, You are on the right track with the chop saw, only additional thing I did was use some cheap painters tape on the surface where you want to make the cut and it will save a lot of burred edges (top and bottom). Also a fine toothed sharp carbide blade will help to get a clean cut.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back