northern brewer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaw005

Reaction score
i started brewing beer a year ago with "Mr Beer" and really enjoyed it and would like to upgrade. i live near a Northern Brewer store and taking the free "Intro to Brewing" class tomorrow. with the class you get 10% off their starter kits that day and i am looking at getting the "deluxe starter kit, plastic".

has anyone used this start up kit and is it good quality for the price?

thanks

I used all glass carboys for a while but am now switching to plastic. No problems yet.

This is the same kit I got over the summer. It gives you everything you need and a little more to get started. My only recommendation would be not to use the sanitizer that comes with it and use either iodophor or san star. happy brewing :mug:

Thats the kit I just bought last week and used yesterday. It comes with 4 ounces of Star San so its perfect. I also went with Better Bottles and it already paid for itself (kinda dropped one when cleaning, DOH). I didn't buy one of their recommended beer kits though, I bought the Dead Ringer kit instead.

For $169 I would look to ebay. Now don't get me wrong I shop at NB all the time but you can find a comparable kit on ebay (mine came with an ingredient kit) for less.

Latest posts

Back