What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home, chilling with the dogs, thinking it's time to stop using the outside fridge I had a few shock freezes before opening this one. Some of my dad's IPA, lots of motueka late in this one.

20131030_163335_zpsbca1d192.jpg

Just got home, chilling with the dogs, thinking it's time to stop using the outside fridge I had a few shock freezes before opening this one. Some of my dad's IPA, lots of motueka late in this one.

even your dad brews?! not fair, mine wont stray away from BMC as hard as I try

even your dad brews?! not fair, mine wont stray away from BMC as hard as I try

Yeah I got him into it around this time last year. Gave him all of my old equipment, now he's making his own recipes, kegging, and brewing sours.

My sisters both brew (one that still needs my help with recipes), my brother in law, my dad, and of course the wife brews and makes wine. My grandfather used to make wine back across the pond.

A family that brews together stays together

Are colors just better in Maine? I swear round here greens are not that green, the sky is not that blue, and wood is not that pretty. Well, that or I really need to clean my windows and avoid the Potomac.

Are colors just better in Maine? I swear round here greens are not that green, the sky is not that blue, and wood is not that pretty. Well, that or I really need to clean my windows and avoid the Potomac.

Yes Maine is better than you. That's a deer antler not wood. We have really clean air so that contributes to the blue sky . But otherwise Maine is the shizz

Channel66 said:
Yes Maine is better than you. That's a deer antler not wood. We have really clean air so that contributes to the blue sky . But otherwise Maine is the shizz

Maine > every other state

Maybe it is kinda like the fact that the past was in black and white/sepia. Color did not happen until much later. Maybe Maine is in Technicolor.

Yeah I got him into it around this time last year. Gave him all of my old equipment, now he's making his own recipes, kegging, and brewing sours.

My sisters both brew (one that still needs my help with recipes), my brother in law, my dad, and of course the wife brews and makes wine. My grandfather used to make wine back across the pond.

A family that brews together stays together

Well now your just rubbing it in! My goal is to convert as many people away from BMC as possible and also teach people to brew (that are interested of course). In my 6 months of brewing/craft beer interest, I have converted 2 people away from BMC and they love craft beers but now brewers yet

Not to disrespect Maine or your gorgeous vista, but perhaps there is a color oversaturation filter in use too? ;)

No sir! I use my phone camera straight to photobucket! I used filters in the past but remmy kept whining about it :p I do sometimes use HDR on the phone though that makes a difference in capturing things the way we actually see them, it's not even close to real hdr

Some saison

20131030_171510_zpse52d6bda.jpg

Sun is going down already feel the chill it dropped from 44 to 36 already.

finsfan said:
Well now your just rubbing it in! My goal is to convert as many people away from BMC as possible and also teach people to brew (that are interested of course). In my 6 months of brewing/craft beer interest, I have converted 2 people away from BMC and they love craft beers but now brewers yet

Then you should plan a brew on Saturday - it's the AHA Learn to Homebrew Day! Our club is doing an extract & all grain batch at the local brewery's tasting room (and those not brewing are bringing some home brew for folks to sample)

Channel66 said:
No sir! I use my phone camera straight to photobucket! I used filters in the past but remmy kept whining about it :p I do sometimes use HDR though that makes a difference in capturing things the way we actually see them Some saison Sun is going down already feel the chill it dropped from 44 to 36 already.

Flocc whining. I will be in Maine again as usual and I will bring you beer. And hopefully brew one with you. Flocc every other state in the northeast including Patheticut!

Then you should plan a brew on Saturday - it's the AHA Learn to Homebrew Day! Our club is doing an extract & all grain batch at the local brewery's tasting room (and those not brewing are bringing some home brew for folks to sample)

I really wish I could brew this weekend. I have 50 yard line tickets to the kstate game which is at 2:45! who schedules a game in the middle of my day off. And then sunday is the re-schedules jeep jamboree that I will NOT be missing. It was originally three weeks ago but the ORV park was closed cuz it owned by the feds. Thanks government!

C'mon keep up guys.

20131030_171536_HDR_zpsf07b5168.jpg

'Nother saison

Another trick I use taking pictures is proper lighting, I use multiple LED tac lights to light my foreground and the beer itself even in full sunlight. Phone sensors suck at low light and their flashes are horribly timed, but they also have a hard time leveling multiple light ranges.

finsfan said:
I really wish I could brew this weekend. I have 50 yard line tickets to the kstate game which is at 2:45! who schedules a game in the middle of my day off. And then sunday is the re-schedules jeep jamboree that I will NOT be missing. It was originally three weeks ago but the ORV park was closed cuz it owned by the feds. Thanks government!

Notre Lame. :D

C'mon keep up guys.

'Nother saison

Another trick I use taking pictures is proper lighting, I use multiple LED tac lights to light my foreground and the beer itself. Phone sensors suck at low light and their flashes are horribly timed

some people are still working dammit! :D

Back