My LHBS is awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
So I went into the LHBS to pick up the grain, hops and yeast for my Punkin' Ale today and I ended up walking out extra surprised (and happy!)

I bring everything up to the counter and I realize I need a bunch of rice hulls if I'm going to be mashing with pumpkin puree so I run back to find an empty rice hulls bucket. I arrived at the LHBS at the right time (never thought I'd utter that phrase) because by the time I had assembled everything, the store was packed with 1st and 2nd batchers who needed help. So he asked me to go into the back storage to fill the bucket with rice hulls and that whatever amount I wanted was free. Mini-score, I figured.

But then when he rung me up I was shocked by the price: $25 even for 12# of grain (10# of it US 2-row), 2oz pellet hops, pkg of US-05, 1# rice hulls, irish moss and 10 feet of 3/16" ID beer line. That's a frakin steal! :rockin: I'm not sure if it was a miscalculation or a "thanks for helping" deal but it was certainly appreciated. It's especially helpful while on a college budget and also being forced to buy costlier organic pumpkin puree because Libby's is impossible to find.

Just thought I'd share my excellent LHBS experience! I hope other HBTers get to enjoy great customer service from their LHBS as I do.

Back