Stone Ruination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
I think someone else posted about this beer a while back but I couldn't find it so I am starting a new thread.

I just had this beer for the first time last night (lucky me it was even on tap) and I must say it was exceptional. I am not a huge hop head so I am often wary of Double IPAs (especially the ones that get all trendy) but this one was perfectly balanced keeping the hops from overpowering the beer. It was truly a great beer experience and went quite well with my bacon cheeseburger.

Once I get the PM process down, my next goal is going to be cloning this beer.

I had my first taste of this beer about a week ago when I was visiting family in SoCal. Tasted at the brewery after taking the tour while they were making Ruination, smelled great, and tasted even better since it was free!

It is pretty good. I think I might go for their regular IPA first. The IIPA is too sweet. I can't really drink DFH90 because of this, Ruination is better but not the best, plus it is more expensive...not like it matters since I can't get it here:(

Ruination is really good stuff. A friend of mine brought a few bombers of it at a party recently, it was quite tasty. The hops were right there (obviously) but there was also a nice malt backbone that brought everything together.

I still think I'd give the nod for DIPAs to Hopslam though, tons of hops, but it had a nice maltiness to it as well. That one will be my next clone (if I can find some more of it).

Back