Jelly wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck making wine out of Jelly? I have several pints of Plum jelly that did not set up, its still liquid in the jars. I was thinking about mixing something with it and make a little wine. The only concern I have is the pectin I added when I made the jelly? Any thoughts?

I have been thinking about something like this with store bought jelly. I was just getting ready to ask if it would work.

Tried a gallon once! Failed! It congealed and I could not get the globs out. I just used grape jelly. I don't think jam would react much different.

Jack Keller has a section on his website about jelly/jam wine, I believe. He's been successful with it. I can't find it at the moment, but a google search should do it!

How weird, I was just thinking about the same thing. I make a lot of jam and jelly and the thought just crossed my mind...

Petunia

Back