Beerfest in Ybor City, Tampa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkimac1027

Reaction score
Florida Brewers Guild Beer Fest @ Centro Ybor

Over 100 of Florida's best craft beers. Enjoy unlimited beer tasting,
Live Music and the fun company of fellow beer enthusiasts.
$20 advance tickets, $25 day of event, if any left.

i hope they dont consider landshark, beachside, and key west lagers as 'best craft beers of florida'. i'll be disappointed...

When? Where?
Just for my own knowledge: what are the best craft beers of Florida? Are they available in Publix?

oh sorry totally forgot the date, Saturday, Feb 24, 2007.
2-6 pm.
ha! i dont know of very many good craft beers that come out of FL, the best that i can get around here (locally- Melbourne) is Charlie and Jake's Brewery Anniversary Ale.
You can bet Tampa Bay Brewing Co will be there, unfortunately they dont give a line up of the participating breweries.
The best i can get at Publix is Kona Pale Ale...pffft.

I'll be in Melbourne 3-31 through 4-7. I'll be sure to check out Charlie and Jake's Brewery. Is their beer avail. in stores?

Nope- not available in any stores here. i dont even know if they sell growlers or 6 packs to go from their restuarant/brewery.
Anniversary Ale is thier best IMO, second best being Indian River Red, but they boast a ton of "seasonal" beers on the bottom of the menu, and i have been there for years, and never have they been available.

If your looking for some good beers, theres a good store on the same road- Davines. Its a craft brew and wine shop, The guy in there is experienced in good beer and wine, and i have actually had him over for some beer tasting... Though i doubt if he has some home grown good FL beers there, as there are not many coming out of this state...

Back