Hello from Corpus!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcltdan

Reaction score
Hey all, I JUST got my first kit this past weekend and have a DBL IPA fermenting in my closet at the moment. Hopefully it turns out good :p, but I've heard that the first is never what it's supposed to be...so we'll see. Anyway, start-off question: how do I keep the wort from foaming up through my airlock and all over the side of my carboy?? Got a nice little stain on the floor...haha

welcome to the board! I miss Corpus! We head down there from New Braunfels usually once a summer...haven't had a chance yet this year though.

Welcome to HBT. I just finished up with VT-6 in Milton and I move to Corpus to start multi's in August. There are a lot of military homebrewers in Corpus. PM me if you'd like.

As far as your question, make sure you are fermenting at the right temps. Fermentation at higher temps goes faster and causes more foam that can gunk up airlocks. If it's too warm in your closet try placing the carboy in a large plastic tote half full of cool water. You can control the temp by adding frozen water bottles to the water and replacing them as they melt. Brewing in the south during summer means you have to be creative.

Latest posts

Back