Any HBTers in San Francisco?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawkstar

Reaction score
SWMBO and I are getting married on June 6th. We will be honeymooning in San Fran. from the 7th-12th. Just wondering if anyone in the area has any input on cool things to do, or just would like to get together and have a beer!?!

Congrats on your upcoming marriage, as well as your trip to a spectacular beer town! I don't live there, but I visit quite a bit.

If you PM me an email address, I'll send you a fantastic map of the city with all of the great beer spots marked, along with a PDF file with descriptions and specific information. You won't be able to hit them all in just five days, but you can certainly get a good start!

You have to go to The Toronado, its a pretty famous bar. Check out the selection. I would recommend going during the week, it gets pretty packed on weekends.

I can answer a lot of questions you may have and maybe my SWMBO and I can have some beers with you guys.

That sounds good. This will be our first time to the west coast. We are staying in the Fisherman's Wharf area, and have city passes for public transportation. (don't want to pay for parking) We look forward to the trip. We should meet up for a beer or two.

I went to the Toronado, but it was a zoo...I could barely get in the door. I struggled for about 10 minutes trying to get close enough to the bar to order, but eventually gave up and went back to Magnolia. (Magnolia gets pretty crowded as well, actually!)

Rawkstar, you're smart to use public transport. Driving and ESPECIALLY parking is a drag in San Francisco. Plus you can have an extra pint or two and not worry about driving. The map I sent you looks a lot like the transit map.

Rawkstar, you're smart to use public transport. Driving and ESPECIALLY parking is a drag in San Francisco. Plus you can have an extra pint or two and not worry about driving. The map I sent you looks a lot like the transit map.

Thanks again for that map! It looks like it is going to be a huge help!!! I also plan to check out some of the food places you mentioned.

I also recommend The Monk's Kettle, they pair Belgians (and other beers) with their (really good) food... It also gets crowded, but you can go early evening, put your name on the list and go to one of the many bars in the mission, and they will call you when your table opens. I really recommend it!

About the Toronado... it does get really crazy, and the bartenders can be punks, but if you go early on a week day its pretty awesome.

As far as transportation, SF is actually pretty small, you can rent bikes and get around pretty easily and the public transit system is pretty good.

Back