Any thoughts on Brewers Best German Oktoberfest kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
So I keep trying to make my own recipes with my home brews and they keep coming out kind of blah. So i bought this brewers best German Oktoberfest. Anyone made this one? It's like 6.6lbs LME (Light it says) 12oz of some crystal malt cracked grain and the hops and all that.

I made the German Oktoberfest as my first brew from True Brew ingredient kit. It had pretty much the same ingredients you described. It came out pretty darn good too I must say. Everyone that tried it really liked it. And it really reinforced this new hobby too. :)

yep -- good stuff. I brewed one of the BB Oktoberfests back in early June. Other than a 12-pack set aside to age a little more, I'm down to little more than a 6-pack and trying to make it last until my next batch of this is ready. This probably won't quite work out though as I just brewed the 2nd batch of this last week and it's still in primary. I think this is actually the first recipe kit I've repeated other than some American light clones I did when I first started brewing.

I've got the exact kit sitting in secondary right now. Even though it's green, it tasted promising when taking my FG.

i brewed this beer. it was quite active during the primary ferment. I had to switch to a blow off tube due to the airlock kept clogging up with krausen. I let this beer sit in the primary for 2 weeks, 2 weeks in the secondary and just bottled it up. Its june now so I plan to drink a few when they are carbed and save the rest for October.

Its only been a week since I bottled this batch up and they already have a decent carb to them. Still tastes really green though. Of course I normally let me beers age at least 4 weeks til i bring them out into circulation, but im just amazed that this beer tasted pretty good only after a week in a bottle. I will for sure brew this again. good luck to you

I have this beer fermenting right now. This Saturday I will be moving it to Secondary and starting the Lagering. It may take longer than any of my BB kits to date, but reading what was posted 3+ years ago makes me fill good.

It should be ready at the perfect time too.

Hello,

I am gonna try making this Brewers Best Oktoberfest, although I am going to use the lager yeast provided in the kit but ferment it as an ale. This is actually going to be my first attempt at brewing, maybe a bit ambitious I dunno.
-Any suggestions on temperatures and duration/time period to ferment?
-Also, I do not have a secondary fermenter. Should I purchase the carboy and secondary ferment, or forgo the secondary fermentation altogether?

Hello,

I am gonna try making this Brewers Best Oktoberfest, although I am going to use the lager yeast provided in the kit but ferment it as an ale. This is actually going to be my first attempt at brewing, maybe a bit ambitious I dunno.
-Any suggestions on temperatures and duration/time period to ferment?
-Also, I do not have a secondary fermenter. Should I purchase the carboy and secondary ferment, or forgo the secondary fermentation altogether?

The strain of yeast you do use will determine fermentation temp. I would probably use Wyeast 1007 German ale yeast myself, and ferment as close to 60 as I could.

Secondary? Nope. Don't bother, just primary for 3 weeks and bottle if using ale yeast.

Latest posts

Back