• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 - 15.5 gallon kegs with top cut out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamuraiSquirrel

Reaction score
For sale are 2 15.5 gallon sanke kegs. The tops have been cut out with an angle grinder. The edges have been sanded with a flap disk and are deburred and smooth to the touch. These are in excellent shape. No dents and they are nice and shiny

For those concerned, I am not mass producing these and trying to sell them for a profit. I have been collecting these over the past year (daily searching of craigslist) and had plans to make a fancy 3 keg system with pumps and a brew stand .... the whole works.

I kind of decided to scrap the plans and just stick with my basic setup. I would like to sell off some of the pieces and recoup some of my cost.

I also have one finished keggle with weldless sight glass/thermometer combo, pickup tube, and ball valve, 1/2 in barbed adapter - ALL STAINLESS PARTS.

I'm asking $225 for the keggle & $80 each for the cut kegs. See below for pics.

Let me know if you have questions. I'm located in Aurora, IL (Chicago suburb). I'm assuming these will be local pickup only.

Keggle -

DSC06284.jpg

DSC06285.jpg

DSC06283.jpg

DSC06289.jpg

Sanke kegs - Top cutout only, no holes drilled

DSC06290.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

Depends on what you are willing to spend. FWIW, a month or so of placing ads on CL got me 2 kegs (very good condition) for $30 each. I had so many responses during the last round that I passed on 7 other kegs (also $30 each) to a friend who picked them up as fermenters.

IMO, $30 is a fair price for uncut kegs...especially on CL.

Have you used kegs for fermentation? I can't figure out the best way to make it work. Tips? Pictures?

Have you used kegs for fermentation? I can't figure out the best way to make it work. Tips? Pictures?

I plan to start soon. The guy I know prefers simply using an orange carboy cap stretched over the opening with an airlock. It's simple and cheap.

Im with Ace on this one $30 is a good price, but someone in the area has been paying up lately for some reason, I had a deal worked out to buy several then the seller calls me and said some guy offered him $60 each.

Hello, to anyone who posted recently and was interested in the items I had listed. I sold the two plain kegs with tops cut out awhile back when I originally posted this despite not getting any responses on the initial post.

I still have the completed keggle with ball valve, sight glass, and thermometer so if anyone is interested in that send me a message. Asking $225 for the keggle with all the gadgets included.

Ball valve, nipple, center draw pickup tube, sight glass & thermo combo - ALL STAINLESS.

Might sound pricey but if you price out the DIY project it's a pretty fair price.

$30-60 for an uncut keg
$100-120 for all the hardware from bargain fittings (no chincy crap)
$30-$40 for the PITA of cutting it and drilling it and hoping you get it right the first time (if you've never done it before)
$??? Misc trips to hardware store for cutting disks, flap sanding disk, etc.

Back