big brewing day tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I reserved all day tomorrow for bottling/brewing.

I've got my killian's clone in the lager fridge which has been there for just over three weeks. I know I'm rushing it, but I decided to let it "lager" in the bottles.

I also have my redhook ESB clone which is definitely ready for the bottle since it's been 3-1/2 weeks in primary.

I'll also be brewing a Marzen/Oktfest out of season of course, but I just discovered how much I like this style. Since I'll be so anxious to drink it, I'm also going to brew the same recipe and ferment as an ale, but I'll probably brew it later this week because it's already a long day.

Cheers!

I'll also be brewing a Marzen/Oktfest out of season of course, but I just discovered how much I like this style.
This is one of the great advantages of homebrewing. You can brew any style at anytime of the year, anyime you want. I just brewed a Belgian Wit which is one of my favorite summer quenchers. But what the heck, there are no rules. That's the beauty!.

Enjoy!

I've got four batches lined up, I'm just having trouble getting up the energy. With all the rain we've been having I'm out shoveling mud & gravel most days. The guy with the road grader hasn't shown, so I'm doing what I can.

I need to get the Schwarzbier going so it can lager before the February warm spell.

So the big brew day was pretty cool. I walked my sister and broinlaw through the process of brewing/racking/bottling all in one day and it was nice to have helping hands. The only hitch was I didn't have enough bottle caps to get both previous batches into bottles. Instead of bottling, I just racked it off the primary into the bottling bucket and sealed it. I figure, I'll get caps in a couple days and just stir the priming syrup in and bottle.

If someone lends you a hand bottling, how many bottles do you usually throw them? Is a sixer cheap or generous?

Did a double day brew weekend.

Saturday I taught a friend to brew, using my new Beaten Refugee Ale recipe, then brewed a batch for myself on Sunday, along with bottling my cherry #9 clone.

Wish I could brew all day. SWMBO ain't too crazy about it, but that was because I was brewing inside. Got a outdoor brewing unit rigged up. Don't laugh....took an old 16 inch steel wheel, welded a bottom unit off on an old hot water heater to it in the center and then welded in a criss-cross pattern, some re-bar to make a grate. Looks absolutely horrible, but that sucker-Bob will put out some BTU's!!!!

Bobby_M said:
If someone lends you a hand bottling, how many bottles do you usually throw them? Is a sixer cheap or generous?

A sixer seems pretty fair, on top of the beer you feed them during the session. If they bring the empties back give 'em more!

Even better, go to the store with them and help them pick out an ingredient kit and then help them brew it up. That seems the best way to pay them back, get them addicted so you're not the only poor one!

That's what this session was actually intended to do. I don't want to come off like a brewing Jehovah's witness so I thought I'd offer a little tutorial to get him interested. At this point I'll wait for him to ask me advice on what equipment to purchase, etc. Then I'll know he took the bait.

PS: Yes, I just poked fun at Jehovah's witnesses. I'll back off if you call your friends and tell them to stop ringing my bell when I'm 5 seconds from a boilover ;-)

Bobby_M said:
PS: Yes, I just poked fun at Jehovah's witnesses. I'll back off if you call your friends and tell them to stop ringing my bell when I'm 5 seconds from a boilover ;-)

Even better, invite them in once. Offer them a threesome or try to convert them. Either one should get you a few years off of the list.

Actually, a buddy of mine anounced he was atheist and they wouldn't leave until he threatened to call the cops. Their purpose is to convert the damned and well, he was prime meat apparently.

One time i told the Jehovah witness i didnt believe in God and they just looked at me wierd. They said ok and walked off. I do believe in God but it got them off of my porch. lol

Back