HomeBrewTalk Mobile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
So, whats the address for this mobile version of the site that it says I got upon upgrading my account?

I'd love to browse the forums on my blackberry throughout the day.

There is a mobile version??? I would like to know too. Hitting the regular site on the iPhone can be annoying, manageable, but annoying.

Never underestimate the power of searching...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f22/mobile-site-116478/

Thank you for the witty quip, phrogpilot. I actually did find that thread (on my BlackBerry even) and it wasn't recognizing that I had access to the mobile site after logging in. I ended up changing my screen name to something different, then changing it back before it finally got a kick in the ass to let me view the mobile version.

For anybody else who wants to know, and does't want to read through a few pages of posts, just go to the site on your mobile browser and log in. It should work right away, but if not, change your screen name to something else then change it back. That will give the MySQL database a little push to let you in.

Thanks. I guess I was always browsing in mobile mode, turning it off seems to be more effective. Kinda dumb.

Thank you for the witty quip, phrogpilot. I actually did find that thread (on my BlackBerry even) and it wasn't recognizing that I had access to the mobile site after logging in. I ended up changing my screen name to something different, then changing it back before it finally got a kick in the ass to let me view the mobile version.

For anybody else who wants to know, and does't want to read through a few pages of posts, just go to the site on your mobile browser and log in. It should work right away, but if not, change your screen name to something else then change it back. That will give the MySQL database a little push to let you in.
Sorry 'bout that, wasn't trying to come off as flippant. Wanted to post something humorous, but apparently failed miserably.

Did you try m.homebrewtalk.com? I have a blackberry too and no matter what browser I try and the mobile site or not it still sucks for this site. :(

Thanks. I guess I was always browsing in mobile mode, turning it off seems to be more effective. Kinda dumb.
Well, I just upgraded my account and thought the mobile site might be a tad easier to read on my iPhone. I'm getting a look to the site now which makes me wonder if this is mobile or if the site's having trouble with CSS right now. Are all the posts for you looking squished? Like, as I type this, the field for text is only using half the screen, about 30 characters wide (great if you're viewing on a Commodore 64, though).

Another issue I have is that there is no new post indicator and no go to new post button.

OK, me not likey one bit. I can't find a way to turn off mobile view on my iPhone. Anyone? I've looked all over my account settings. Am I missing something?

OK, me not likey one bit. I can't find a way to turn off mobile view on my iPhone. Anyone? I've looked all over my account settings. Am I missing something?

At the very bottom of the page, Waaaayyyy down, it says "Change Mobile Style". Click that, then click on the button next to turning OFF the vBulletin mobile style.

Back