help...is this a good deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's pretty good. Always counter on craigslist, though. You can probably get him down to 80. The kit and 2 carboys alone are probably worth about that much.

thanks for the input. i'll counter to him and see what he says

my main problem is that i dont bottle. i plan on getting this deal from him, if i can get him to 80, depending on our drop off/pick up location. i am sure someone on here will take these bottles off my hands. or maybe i'll start bottling so i can take my brew on the road

well...he lives like 45 min away. i am going to ask him where he wants to meet, and go from there, and if i have to drive all the way to him i'll try to drop him down, but if he comes closer to me i'll just give him the $100

I had seen that before - asked him if he'd take less than $100 if he kept some of the stuff I didn't want - and he never answered back. I asked him twice.

I think he's one of those types who feels insulted if someone offers less than his stated price. Just saying.

Good luck if you can get him down off his price.

i think i'm in the same situation. i asked if he would take less and he hasnt answered. i send him another e-mail and no reply either

What exactly is he selling? It looks like mostly bottles. I see one bottle tree, one bucket, one carboy and a few plastic things. If you don't bottle, and don't need those (and those PET bottles are great to have, if you do bottle), then it's not a very good deal for you. Unless there is more there than I didn't see, I'd pass on the deal.

Two carboys, a bottle tree, some misc. junk and a bunch of bottles. Looked like a bucket might have been included plus some uknown age ingredient kit for a Raspberry Wheat...

If someone was JUST starting out & had nothing it would be a good deal, but for anyone who is already brewing, it's just someone else's junk.

Toxicity issues? Who knows. It seemed the guy got a bad taste in his mouth for homebrewing (pun intended).

thats what i'm thinking. he might just want rid of the stuff, unless i am disposing of some chemicals for him. i'll let my buddies try his brew to see what happens.

he still hasnt replied to me. i hope i didnt offend him by trying to get a lower price

Back