Horror WIN Thread (Netflix streaming)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
The HORDE:

Subtitles, absolutely AWESOME. A good surprise.

PRIMAL:

AWESOME, hot blonde goes believeably from hottie to sharp toothed DEMON (still with arresting blue eyes and blond hair, make-up and pink hot pants.;)) Smarter than that, but that alone was original.

....BUMP! Netflix streaming is incredible for finding Horror flics I would NEVER have seen.

Do they have Trick R Treat (the 2007 one)? That movie was really great.

I love watching ****ty horror movies on netflix.

tokyo gore police was good. (no joke here)

zombie strippers is classic (ally awful)

Killer Klowns from outerspace was amazing(ly bad)

Teenage cat girls in heat was purrfect(for a steaming pile of crap)

I wasn't a fan of the movie but it was definitely original.

Lifeforce is awesome. Alien vampires and a hot naked chick walking around the whole film.

The Thing is one of my favorite horror films.

Oh and they have They Live which is so full of awesome one liners it almost competes with Army of Darkness.

The Horde was pretty good, i ended up a little disappointed after watching it, only cuz i had been looking forward to seeing it for a little over a year. Still, those French know what they're doing when it comes to horror!

just watched 'Let Me In' the other day. It's a re-make of a swedish vampire movie, 'Let the Right One In.' Which is also a book.

Now, I really don't like vampires in general, but this was a pretty decent movie. Two talented young actors in the movie (Hit girl from kick ass, and the kid from The Road) and a good amount of blood!

Thanks for the recommendations all and for the thread Cheezy!

My favorite "aweful-gem" on netflix streaming is "From Dusk Till Dawn". A 90's vampire flick Written by QT so you know the writing is phenominal, directed by Rodriguez so the cinemetography is fantastic and it stars both George Cloony and Quinton so the acting is decent! Oh and Selma Hyak (spelling) is introduced to American films as a Vampire Stripper to boot :ban:

:mug:

Indeed, Well met fellas.

tokyo gore police
Killer Klowns from outerspace
Teenage cat girls in heat
Let Me In - (seen it, it was good!)
From Dusk Till Dawn (seen it, good, but the vampire make-up SUCKED)

Dead Snow was another good one.

Sex Galaxy - the worlds first "green" film meaning its patched together from public domain archives to create a new movie. Its a real peach.

To Summarize:

The Horde
Primal
Trick R Treat(?)
tokyo gore police
zombie strippers
Teenage cat girls
Life Force
The Thing
They Live
Let me in (Let the right one in also available with subs)
From Dusk til Dawn
Dead Snow
Dagon
Sex Galaxy(?)
Audition

Here's three French flicks: Martyrs, Frontier(s), & Inside.

There's something wrong with the French.:D

I liked Martyrs, I've heard good and bad things about Inside and Frontier(s).

If you don't mind subtitles, check out [REC] and [REC] 2. They are Spanish and very cool.

Del Toro has some awesome flicks in spanish with subs.

Devil's backbone for one.(not sure which ones are streaming, sorry)

I never mind subs. After one or two minutes I forget I am reading.

Just watched Dead Snow last night. It's the Norwegian Shaun of the Dead.

Not your prototypical Zombie flick, but definitely entertaining enough to watch.

Fairly funny, great gore, Nazi zombies.

Just watched Dead Snow last night. It's the Norwegian Shaun of the Dead.

Not your prototypical Zombie flick, but definitely entertaining enough to watch.

Fairly funny, great gore, Nazi zombies.

:mug: hope you got the tip here, lol.

Del Toro has some awesome flicks in spanish with subs.

Devil's backbone for one.(not sure which ones are streaming, sorry)

I never mind subs. After one or two minutes I forget I am reading.

The Orphanage is Del Toro, too, right? That's a great flick just like The Devil's Backbone.

i watched the "last lovecraft: relic of cthulu." yesterday. it's pretty cheesy, but i liked it.

Speaking of Cthulu, there is also In the Mouth of Madness on instant watch. It is a John Carpenter film reminiscent of Lovecraft, which I actually recently found out was the final film in an intended trilogy which starts with The Thing, followed by Prince of Darkness (also on Netflix Instant Watch).

Oh yeah...and if you haven't seen The Thing, you should watch it. It is John Carpenter's best horror film by far, and available for instant watch.

I saw that, don't know if I should.

it was along the cheesyness of 'jack brooks, monster slayer' if you've seen that one. it's more of a comedy than horror, but there's plenty of fake blood thrown around.

did we get Dead and Breakfast?

the first half is pretty slow, but the second half is great.

whoops. forgot about dead and deader. It's got Dean Cain in it! He's as bad as ever but it has some great one liners:

"welcome to supercuts b!tch"

The Horde
Primal
Trick R Treat(?)
tokyo gore police
zombie strippers
Teenage cat girls
Life Force
The Thing
They Live
Let me in (Let the right one in also available with subs)
From Dusk til Dawn
Dead Snow
Dagon
Sex Galaxy(?)
Audition
Martyrs
Frontier(s)
Inside
REC (1 and 2)
relic of cthulu (questionable)
Mouth of Madness
Dead and Breakfast