A Single Stolen Dogfish 90 Min. IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YouHadMeAtASL

Reaction score
Ended a super stressful day at work tonight and went straight to the local Safeway because I heard they had Dogfish 90 Min. was on sale for ~$10 for the 4 pack. I haven't tried it yet and have been watching Brew Masters, so I was pumped to get home, unwind, pop a beautiful IPA brewsky, and watch the Blazers game.

In the beer aisle, I found it there, sitting all pretty. I pull it down and sure enough, a single bottle had been taken, stolen, from the 4-pack. Someone had to have pawned a single one and mixed it into their 6 pack Bridgeport or Deschutes, right? What gives?

Have any of you pulled this move?

Ended up with Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. One down, pretty tasty. Hop Czar is more of my kind of IPA though.

I bought a 6 pack of what I thought was Snow Plow (if I remember right) and got home to find half of it was wheat beer with twist off tops. It was a decent wheat beer but not anything like I wanted.

Some places let you buy a single bottle from a sixes. Never bothers me until they take it from the last sixes I want to buy...

I've run into both those situations. Last sixer of a beer I want and one is missing. Pisses me off. But it's worse when I buy a six-pack only to find several of them are something else!

yeah, the grocery store by my house sells beer by the bottle, so if you want you can just buy one.. but to mix them up so someone ends up with a sixer of something they dont want.. thats not cool at all.

If I mix and match, I always leave the beers separate on the shelf, not back in with the other half of the other sixer.. oh, and I always make sure the prices are comparable.

In the not guilty corner... It is possible that a bottle got broken/dropped. I have seen plenty of these in a beer store not far from me. They have tons of them on the floor, behind the cash register, not for sale.

And then you got to top off the night by watching the Blazers get beaten down (as expected although they put up a fight). As a fellow Blazer fan, please, stick to whiskey until the season is over. It will dull the pain.

It's a little known secret here (even most employees are frustratingly oblivious), but the government-sponsored liquor monopoly here (LCBO), but the stores here are required by law to let you buy singles from a pack - it's a bit difficult to justify the outrageous "sin tax" here to "promote social well-being" while starving the people for choice, only to turn around and force them to buy six times as much beer as they actually want.

But in your case... yeah, I'm guessing it was stolen. I see that kind of thing fairly often with all sorts of products.

I see that all the time at the grocery store. I always double check every bottle in a six pack that I am going to buy because of it.

Should have haggled the other 3 for 7 dollars.. Why not 7.50? .50 cents for emotional damage finding your 4 pack was converted to a 3 in a shady manner. SN Torpedo isn't a bad beer though. Surprised me..

i've never been burned, most stores around here have signs that say don't mix, lol.

Lakefront Brewing just put out a "bomber 4pack", which is pretty cool, and the store put up a special sign just for it

Should have haggled the other 3 for 7 dollars.. Why not 7.50? .50 cents for emotional damage finding your 4 pack was converted to a 3 in a shady manner. SN Torpedo isn't a bad beer though. Surprised me..

I've done that with Wal Mart. Got a 6-pack missing the 6th bottle of Sierra Nevada Stout, I told the guy it was on sale (it was) and the last one (it was) so he just made it $4 even.

knotquiteawake said:
I've done that with Wal Mart. Got a 6-pack missing the 6th bottle of Sierra Nevada Stout, I told the guy it was on sale (it was) and the last one (it was) so he just made it $4 even.

Haha.. Yes sir, one for the good guys

Back