Built my new keezer bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSRider

Reaction score
I picked up a freezer from craigslist for 40 bucks. It will hold 4 maybe 5 cornies, I havent tried to fit all of them in yet, but I only need it to hold 4. I have other mini fridges for lagering and cold storage. Im ordering 4 faucets to get her finished up tomorrow.

I had an old temp controller laying around form my commercial cooler, so I used that, and have a fan temp wired in until my led strip gets here for the front light.

SNC00309.jpg

SNC00310.jpg

SNC00311.jpg

SNC00312.jpg

Wow, very attractive but how heavy is that lid to lift? Maybe you could add an air shock? Just a thought.

Its actually not that much, and with the tower mounted, it holds it open. Without it , it wanted to fall down though.

Got it 90% now. Im looking for a drip tray to finish it off. I installed all my faucets today and put the light strip on. Got 4 on tap.

SNC00403.jpg

SNC00404.jpg

SNC00405.jpg

That is a very nice piece of work!

Question - How did you go about mounting the furring strips? Screwed to the side or glued? Didnt know if the freezer may have any coils in the sides? I'd like to get a second freezer and make one...

Question - How did you go about mounting the furring strips? Screwed to the side or glued? Didnt know if the freezer may have any coils in the sides? I'd like to get a second freezer and make one...

My first try was with some of that loctite adhesive like liquid nails, but it required 24 hours to cure and I was impatient so I went with some screws that would barely penetrate the freezer. I suppose I am pretty lucky not to have punched any holes in teh coils, but I figured they would be a little deeper than how far my screws were going to go in.

Just as another option, when I made mine the furring strips were just attached to the exterior wood, not to the freezer.

Back