Request for "brew gear" trading section? (bottle openers, glasses, bar towels)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyhitch1

Reaction score
I skimmed over the rules real quick and i didn't see anything against it but if it is then i apologize and this can be locked down.

While not being some of the worlds most sought after merchandise I wanted to see everyones opinion on trading "Breweriana" from simple local shops people really like but live to far away from. Reason also being that theres always a great glass out there that could house your homebrew better than any other and you dont even know about it! (I love collecting glass if you cant tell)
Branded glasses
Bottle openers
Bar towels
Tap Handles
even caps??

Personally im after some goose island "wide mouth" glasses. While im sure would be easy to find ive been out of luck.

i'd be down, like the BIAB forum on the all grain section... i'm a glass nerd myself and would love some of this.

in my opinion it would get too mixed up between the both.
Like another car forum i frequent, they had everything in one area, but got quite complicated, so they started separating engines and transmissions to make the searching easier.

in my opinion it would get too mixed up between the both.
Like another car forum i frequent, they had everything in one area, but got quite complicated, so they started separating engines and transmissions to make the searching easier.

I just don't see the need for another WTT section, as the one we have is pretty underutilized as it is. If someone can really persuade me, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

I just don't see the need for another WTT section, as the one we have is pretty underutilized as it is. If someone can really persuade me, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

I agree...when our current trade forum is a zoo, then I can see this being more useful.

Although i double thought about posting this thread for the sheer reason this is a homebrew site and maybe it wont get much traffic but i have to say that ive been to other "trade" forums and this one is actually one of the easiest/cleanest/honest networks ive dealt with so far. There have been plenty of deals that i have made thru here so easily i wondered what i was doing wrong on other sites, or maybe ISO/FT on my end werent whales. Traders here have been very supportive of smaller breweries and i just figured as well as trading some beer, why not trade a mini snifter and bottle opener to open and enjoy said beer in!

To me it makes the experience.
Cheers on the thought everyone!

Although i double thought about posting this thread for the sheer reason this is a homebrew site and maybe it wont get much traffic but i have to say that ive been to other "trade" forums and this one is actually one of the easiest/cleanest/honest networks ive dealt with so far. There have been plenty of deals that i have made thru here so easily i wondered what i was doing wrong on other sites, or maybe ISO/FT on my end werent whales. Traders here have been very supportive of smaller breweries and i just figured as well as trading some beer, why not trade a mini snifter and bottle opener to open and enjoy said beer in!

I have found the same to be true. I like hbt better for trading. I think the fact that it isn't advertised so much for trading helps to keep it this way. If there was a lot made to encourage trading I think you might get some of those other fellows to show up from the other sites that we don't like. Just a thought.

Johnnyhitch1 said:

I think you have a great idea here, but I don't think an entire section is required. If I had a Goose Island glass I wanted to trade, I feel like I could just start a thread in the Wanted to Trade section

I think you have a great idea here, but I don't think an entire section is required. If I had a Goose Island glass I wanted to trade, I feel like I could just start a thread in the Wanted to Trade section

Sounds good, im not against keeping the sections together i guess, just wasent sure if i could start a thread like that....Or maybe like an earlier point was mentioned the amount of traffic against the "beer" trades would push it down.

If there was a lot made to encourage trading I think you might get some of those other fellows to show up from the other sites that we don't like. Just a thought.

I agree but once again on the level that we all trade beer on, i doubt the ISO collectables would get as "rare".

Just bringing this back up to the top to see peoples interests!?!? BA is way to insane...

ISO
Goose Island Chalice
ST Pumpking Glass

Back