What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go ahead and go to 10' lines, then start over, you Can trim them down if needed. That's what I had to do after a month of messing with temps and pressures. 10' lines, 42 degrees, 11 psi is my magic set up. YMMV.

Thanks man will go to 10' I been fighting with this since Wednesday. weird thing is my last keg worked fine.

Brewery Vivant Nitro Stout.

image-4055677721.jpg

no one could handle that kind of awesome. remember when people melted in Lost Arc? multiply that by a jean vest + Marlboro(banjo+mandolin+lap steel)

HBT alchy thread voltron would need Nizzle for schizzle. Purr haps his speling? :D Probably one more to be true to the original, unless we're talking crazy first season little car Voltron and then everyone is invited.

HBT alchy thread voltron would need Nizzle for schizzle. Purr haps his speling? :D Probably one more to be true to the original, unless we're talking crazy first season little car Voltron and then everyone is invited.

I think we can fit all these clowns in. a warning to all in my car: I have wicked awesome gas, yo. and the windows don't roll down. just ask my MIL. bwahahahhaa!!!

Bomber of my Imperial Red. For a brewday in September of 2012, this thing still has a LOT of hops left (although nowhere near like it was when you could still taste a whole lb of Citra wet hops).

With that, calling it a night. Will probably be having nightmares of Hillbilly Voltron.

20130811_221823[1].jpg

rockbasementbeer said:
One more hb blonde while watching independence day. The girlfriend is drinking horseheads pumpkin ale

Me too! I love that movie! One more yuengling for the night. 5:30 comes quick.

Tired Hands Pleasant, a hoppy black ale. Amazing small brewery (5bbl system) just outside Philly. Its the kind of place that when you leave you go "I need to brew and I need to get better." The one thing that kept coming up amongst all of us when we were there was "balanced" and "drinkable". An amazing amount of flavor without being in your face but many of their beers do not crack 6%.

Here's my first catch of the evening. Caught a few, big stripers. Mainly blues tonight. What beasts! Eating machines.

image-2543080710.jpg

Was slamming down Gandhis and Sculpins this evening.

Remmy said:
Here's my first catch of the evening. Caught a few, big stripers. Mainly blues tonight. What beasts! Eating machines.

Was slamming down Gandhis and Sculpins this evening.

Goin fishing tm for perch. Wish i could go deep sea

Magic Hat Blind Faith. It's an English IPA and it's not too bad but certainly not great. It's the best thing I've tried from them since this at least tastes like beer.

Had two Gandhi-bots and on my second Crown Valley Gunslinger DIPA while watching the Perseids. Trying to get a picture of one, but they're being stubborn. Either not bright enough, out of frame or it happens during the black frame since I've got my camera going on 30 second exposures after which it does a black frame for noise reduction. Can't catch a break, but I'm going to keep at it for a while. The upshot is that even if I don't get a shot of a meteor, I've still got some pretty cool looking shots.

What a great beer day! First, I sampled my recently-bottled Doppelbock brewed in January and lagered for 5 months -- awesome!

Then my brew partner and I bottled a Scotch Wee Heavy Ale we also brewed in January and lagered until today; the FG sample was beautiful.

Lastly, I cracked the first bottle of my AG Newcastle Clone that is probably not much of a clone, but was also wonderful. The first hit on the nose and tongue was coffee, then a mildly smoky flavor followed by a long malty finish that hung quite a while. Thick and a great mouth-feel. Should be interesting to compare side by side to Newcastle.

Tonight had a brooklyn local1, six point righteous, a little sumpin sumpin, and and undercover investigation ale and contemplating another. Technically my first bday drinks of the day! I'll have many more to post tomorrow with some of my first Surly courtesy of BillyKlubb included in the mix!

I've been logged off all afternoon and evening.......and night. Had some of my homebrew It's A Trapp!, Caramel Apple Hard Cider with Crown Maple, Marooned on Hog Island, rice wine, and Negra Modelo. Feeling it pretty good. Not sure how I'm going to work tomorrow. Oh well. :D

Tonight had a brooklyn local1, six point righteous, a little sumpin sumpin, and and undercover investigation ale and contemplating another. Technically my first bday drinks of the day! I'll have many more to post tomorrow with some of my first Surly courtesy of BillyKlubb included in the mix!

happy B-Day, youngin'!

having coffee since work is an hour away. I asked them to instal a kegerator, but they weren't too keen on that. I said I can brew some low grav stuff, but they still said no. :(

To be fair I didn't have a child on board, and have done a fair bit of practice...

Feeling it today though. Up early (ok 6.30, early for me), up in aberdeen this week.

I was just messin! I'm quite aware of my out-of-shapeness. My wife was givin me crap for slowing down on our way back. I told her she could pull the trailer next time. She pretended to not hear me. :mad: And I'm feeling it, but not as much as I thought I would.

Drinking chocolate milk this morning.

Billy-Klubb said:
happy B-Day, youngin'!

having coffee since work is an hour away. I asked them to instal a kegerator, but they weren't too keen on that. I said I can brew some low grav stuff, but they still said no. :(

Thanks man! Anxiously awaiting that ups truck

Having coffee. Sanitizing bottles - it's time to bottle my Heady Flopper DIPA (8.4% ABV). Planning to slay some more fish later today.

Goin fishing tm for perch. Wish i could go deep sea

Freshwater fishing is a bit more relaxing for me. Once you go fishing in the saltwater and hook some 45-50 lb. monsters, you won't want to freshwater fish the rest of your life. We fish the same line that the world-record holder for biggest Striped Bass fished when he caught that huge mofo (81 lb. - http://www.onthewater.com/articles/2012/08/catching-the-world-record-striped-bass).

That night, we finally left around 7:30, waving to the happy hour crowd as we passed Bill’s Seafood, an outdoor bar at the entrance to my marina, Pier 76 in Westbrook, Connecticut. Because of the high tide, we had to lower the rods from the rod holders to get under the famous singing bridge.

That's exactly where we leave from, too. We park the boat on the other side of this marina having to go under the bridge. We don't make it under during high tide!

Back