Brew Shop closed. Best yeast to buy for hard apple cider brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

britishbloke

Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone has found a good yeast that they sell at the store?

The brew shop is closed today, I could wait but dont have much time this week to work on making this cider.:tank:

britishbloke said:
Im wondering if anyone has found a good yeast that they sell at the store?

The brew shop is closed today, I could wait but dont have much time this week to work on making this cider.:tank:

Road trip! Road trip! Road trip!

You could try naturally fermenting it with the wild yeast in your area.

Since I live in Madison and I have a packet of nottingham at home, I've had it for a few months (I always keep one around just in case), I could give you the packet of yeast if I get to sample a bottle when it's done.

:ban: Im also in Madison. cool.

We should meet up sometime ive got a perfect hard lemon cider finally carbonated right.

The Mike hard lemonade seems to have not worked out so good. Tastes watery and weak. Ahh well..

Did you need that yeast tonight or should we maybe exchange a few brews some other time?

Im gunna wait till tommorrow to buy some WYeast Cider....

Yeah once my IPA is brewed ill have some of that to give out. Would be great to meet a fellow brewer in this great town!:rockin:

Ill save you some cider..........

Back