Keezer Gasket Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golson

Reaction score
I have almost finished my keezer but one big problem...My gasket material from the collar is not sitting flush with the freezer...Kind of strange since everything is level....Can I do something to fix this or a replacement gasket material...Thanks

gasket.jpg

Looks like if you just got a thicker gasket to replace what you have there you'd be OK.

Either your board is warped or it was not cut strait. You could get out a file and try to make it work as another option. If it were me I'd look into getting a thicker gasket.

I looked at HD and Lowes and this the thickest they have for that type. Is there a website to get a better gasket?

Where is it hitting? Is it all touching around the sides where the picture doesn't show? May be it is too thick in the back and causing the lid to not close in the front?

I don't know what kind of gasket would work. Maybe just a bigger one.

Let it also be known I'm just pulling ideas out of my rear end. I have no experience in this matter. :confused:

Either the wood collar is warped, or the hinges aren't in quite the right spot and are pinching the gasket too much in the back. Try removing the screws from the hinges and see if it sits flat then.

My freezer had a lock on it that I transfered onto the lid, after keeping it locked for a few weeks the collar and gasket kind of molded to the freezer. Now it seals fine without being locked. Maybe try putting some weights on top?

Also, when I took my foam gasket tape out of the packaging, it was expanded in some places more than others. Maybe yours just has to puff out a bit?

Either the wood collar is warped, or the hinges aren't in quite the right spot and are pinching the gasket too much in the back. Try removing the screws from the hinges and see if it sits flat then.

The gasket seems to have a gap in the front and a little bit in the back. I tried removing the screws from the hinge and re-align, but that never worked. The gasket is only 1/4" thick. So it might be too small. I need a thicker gasket and need some recommendations please....The collar is not warped at all. I use the PVC type trim and it is square as can be.......

Back