Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rocked some brisket yesterday, and it was fantastic. The smell that permeates my house for days after I smoke meat just makes me want to smoke more meat. It is a vicious cycle.

I am about to take hickory ribs off. Cooked them 3-2-1 and used Brandon-O's Graff for the 2. Also have wings that are coming off the smoker and on the the grill.

image-508836152.jpg

Just put on for a all night smoke pork butt

Doing some ribs for Dad on Sunday. One rack in traditional BBQ, and one with just garlic and rosemary and olive oil.

Doing some ribs for Dad on Sunday. One rack in traditional BBQ, and one with just garlic and rosemary and olive oil.

I too, will be doin' up a couple racks o' baby backs this weekend. I'm thinkin' an all day smoking at ~225 with some applewood while I whip up some IPA. Love applewood smoked pork. :rockin:

I've got a rack of baby backs in the smoker now. A nice rub and a 70-30 mix of hickory and apple woods. Should be done in ~3 hours. Cant wait.

Curing a couple salmon filets today to cold-smoke tomorrow. I hope it gets cool at night - my smoker gets a little hot for cold smoking.

Just picked up a free Kamado today from a friend who got a new one. 8lb Boston Butt smoking with lump and Hickory chunks. Should be done in the morning.

ForumRunner_20120623_161813.jpg

ForumRunner_20120623_161847.jpg

Is it possible to be jealous of myself?

I foresee another round of pulled beef tacos this weekend. I love smoked chuckies. A LOT!!!

I have a pair of bear paws but I catch myself using my hands before I grab the paws out of the drawer. If I had to do more than one butt per session on a regular basis I would probably use em more.

Change of plans. Butts were $.99 a lb on base this week. 8 lb for 8 bucks! Whose to say I can't do pulled pork tacos instead? Who's to say I can't do a pp taco and sammie on the same plate? Either way a win-win situation I believe.

Gixxer said:
Change of plans. Butts were $.99 a lb on base this week. 8 lb for 8 bucks! Whose to say I can't do pulled pork tacos instead? Who's to say I can't do a pp taco and sammie on the same plate? Either way a win-win situation I believe.

Nothing wrong with PP tacos

Not exactly the weekend, but I am smoking a Pork butt on apple, and sous vide(ing) a tri tip both today. My whole neighborhood keeps asking who is BBQing.

Airplanedoc said:
Not exactly the weekend, but I am smoking a Pork butt on apple, and sous vide(ing) a tri tip both today. My whole neighborhood keeps asking who is BBQing.

Doing a pork shoulder and some ribs on the redneck smoker setup. Working like a champ!

And the corned beef is on the smoke! I hope I soaked that sucker enough to get rid of the saltiness. Changed out the water maybe 6 times yesterday. First few times water had a lot of color. Gross.

Last edited by a moderator:
That pic is deceiving now that I look at it. The pickles are the small dill gherkins and the bread is not the jumbo size like the beefsteak or new york rye loaves.

had a group over yesterday and did 3 Butts, ABTs, 3 chickens and smoked mac and cheese.

smoke butt.jpg

smoked mac pork.jpg

Smoking one butt right now Cuban style with adobo criollo as a rub. Gonna pull it at like 190 and slice it for Cuban sammiches.

Back