So I just had an interesting experience with a woman...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidSteel

Reaction score
So I live in a dorm and I was waiting for the elevator to go back up to my floor. When the door opened, there was a girl I recognized in there so I say "EY lady! (george carlin style) and she was like "Hey, it's you! get in here!" (it was going down). I got in and she asked if I wanted any alcohol and presented her Styrofoam cup to me, saying it was gin mixed with something. I said, "Nah, I'm all good" and she moved on to proclaim that she was already drunk (7 p.m.) and she has been drinking every day. Making conversation, I said "yeah, me too pretty much; been drinking my homebrew" and she was like "AH YEAH! You make your ****, I gotta try that; you gotta teach me how to do that!". I told her that she should try it. I told her I've got a regular oatmeal stout and a coffee hazelnut oatmeal stout. Being a woman she said, "oooooh! Hazelnut!" and I asked her which one she'd like to try and she said "the hazelnut :)".

We get to my room and I hand her the bottle and I gave her the run-down: it's not refrigerated yet, so you'll need to refrigerate it. Keep in mind this is an oatmeal stout and it should be drank at around 55 degrees, so let it warm or don't refrigerate it for too long. Also, make sure you keep it upright and pour it into a glass, leaving about half an inch of liquid behind; these are bottle conditioned so there is a small layer of yeast on the bottom. I could tell by the look on her face that she thought I was a bit odd or blew right past her. She was probably thinking, "it's just a beer, right?!". Hahaha.

Well anyway, I asked where she was going and she said "just going outside to be social" and I said well, I can put the beer in the freezer for you and that way you can drink it in the proper glass and enjoy it right here, should only take 30 minutes. She said sure and we talked for about 10 minutes until she got a phone call and needed to meet someone. I told her that I guess I could pour the beer into a styrofoam cup for her and she said "nah dude, I'll look crazy walking around with 2 cups!" and I was like "oh yeah... well..." and she said "it's cool, I can just put it in my- oh, that right, I can't put it on it's side, can I?" to which I said, "well, not really.. well, you can just come back for it". We exchanged numbers and she said she'd give me a call later.

I don't know if I should feel strange for not just giving her the beer and letting her do with it what she will or strange/happy about getting a number and POSSIBLY talking/meeting up with her later.

That's what I get for being "correct" about my beer, hahaha! :mug:

Edit:
This story must be the most successful troll post on this forum. It is just a story. Pro-tip: take it with a grain of salt, there are a lot of "fabrications" to enhance the story ;)

And this is one of the reasons I miss college so much..live it up..Wish I would have homebrewed while attending...

Drink beer "A" while you cool beers "B" and "C." Call her when you're finished with beer "A." Then go to her place and drink beers "B" and "C."

College indeed. She's a cute kid, but not my type lol. I also wanted to note that the oatmeal stout(s) are still bottle conditioning (2 weeks in). They are carbonated, but still green. Though, the hazelnut oatmeal stout is absolutely out of this world; the coffee/hazelnut flavor covers the green beer.

We met when she was passing out fliers to be some kind of "leader". She told me to vote for her and I said "no" and she was like "AH, Come on man!" and I said I wasn't going to vote at all. The next day we crossed paths when walking and she points at me from across the street and yell "HEY! YOURE THAT KID THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR ME!" in a playful way, and I laughed. A day or three pass and I see her at the bus stop and I go up to her, giving her **** about why I should vote for her. Turns out she was just running "just for fun" etc etc. and I wouldn't leave her alone about it (because she wouldn't leave me alone). Lot's of laughs were had and she was complaining about people taking down and writing on her fliers. I told her I'd write on all her fliers and draw mustaches on them etc. I kept pestering her like she pestered me and even told her I was going to follow her to her room and write on her fliers that are on her door etc. She took it really well. Anyway, we had some laughs and ever since that day, every time we see each other, we laugh almost instantly. Now we make small talk every time we see each other. It's an interesting relationship, lol.

College indeed. She's a cute kid, but not my type lol. I also wanted to note that the oatmeal stout(s) are still bottle conditioning (2 weeks in). They are carbonated, but still green. Though, the hazelnut oatmeal stout is absolutely out of this world; the coffee/hazelnut flavor covers the green beer.
Green......
still bottle conditioning......

DavidSteel, you have NO game.:eek::cross:

DavidSteel, you have NO game.:eek::cross:

Haha, well I figured this was a beer thing anyway. Besides, I didn't want her to taste a "green" beer and get a bad impression of homebrewing, or my homebrews at least!

Dude, obviously she digs you. You are a young, virile young man. Sow those oats....

Haha, yeah, she's pretty flirty. But I'm not one for going far with women when they are drunk (at least not with any "first experiences" with them). I'd be down for chillin' and all that jazz :tank:

Haha, yeah, she's pretty flirty. But I'm not one for going far with women when they are drunk (at least not with any "first experiences" with them). I'd be down for chillin' and all that jazz :tank:

It's college....quit being a goody goody db and have some "fun".

sounds like the beer isnt the only thing "botte conditioing", if you know what I mean. The beer is green and the b***s are blue. HA. We are so bad on the forum some time. Good job Steel. Keep it up. From the way your story was going, I was expecting here to chug the bottle, yeast and all.

Yeah, but what if she's one for going far with YOU?! ("Far" can mean anything you want it to here...)

Here's an easy beer-chilling technique:

1. Put beer in fridge. 2. Make out (or, um, whatever) for 30 min. 3. Drink beer afterwards.

sounds like the beer isnt the only thing "botte conditioing", if you know what I mean. The beer is green and the b***s are blue. HA. We are so bad on the forum some time. Good job Steel. Keep it up. From the way your story was going, I was expecting here to chug the bottle, yeast and all.

I loled.

Didn't expect to get yelled at for taking beer too seriously! lol. Maybe I'll think about the future of this "relationship". There is still a whole semester left and we have each others numbers.

Dude stop message boarding around, and seal the deal with this chick. She does like you, it's college...hook it up. Then enjoy a home brew.

I loled.

Didn't expect to get yelled at for taking beer too seriously! lol. Maybe I'll think about the future of this "relationship". There is still a whole semester left and we have each others numbers.

Hey david*poindexter*steel,
dial her number TONIGHT! not tomorrow, not next week, not after you're done studying for finals or when you've done a couple of shots of courage with your buddies.....TONIGHT!

Tell her you are drinking a beer now and it's fantastic and you thought she'd like to try one.<wink>. :rockin:

I actually think you should be commended for this, not harassed. Being sober with a drunk is not fun, anyway....

Rich

I actually think you should be commended for this, not harassed. Being sober with a drunk is not fun, anyway....

Rich

Yeah, I know I'd be bad and unfocused if I was drunk. I'm pretty egoistic about my sexual abilities, but part of that is having the other person comfortable, concentrated, and sober amongst other things. I'm sure sex for sex is nice and dandy, but I'd like to leave a lasting impression that could be remembered, :rockin:

Yeah, I know I'd be bad and unfocused if I was drunk. I'm pretty egoistic about my sexual abilities, but part of that is having the other person comfortable, concentrated, and sober amongst other things. I'm sure sex for sex is nice and dandy, but I'd like to leave a lasting impression that could be remembered, :rockin:

are you sure you're 21????????

hahaha, just giving you crap - considering how most 21 year old's think! :mug:

are you sure you're 21????????

hahaha, just giving you crap - considering how most 21 year old's think! :mug:

Philosophy + Psychology major here. Not your average college student lol. Protip: psychology is just a bad plagiarization of philosophy. This is how my weekends are spent (left, dreadnaught in hand!):
12464_164397162676_517337676_2963039_7814480_n.jpg

Can I use this story as an excellent reason why you should use a secondary or even a tertiary fermenter? If you weren't all worried about sediment, your beer wouldn't sound so high mantinence.

You want to hand a chick some beer not a beer and detailed instructions. Right?

Forrest

Can I use this story as an excellent reason why you should use a secondary or even a tertiary fermenter? If you weren't all worried about sediment, your beer wouldn't sound so high mantinence.

Forrest

lol, yeah, I suppose so. I'd rather she drank it with me than by herself anyway. I'd like to get her comments on it and reactions etc. This is my first beer ever (and it's great if I do say so myself) ;D!

Forrest

This might be one of the greatest posts ever. Not only does Forrest want to help up make better beer, he wants to help us score with the women!!!

hahaha.

Forrest - I'm in San Marcos this week and hoping to make it up to the store before I leave!:mug:

Damn... I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to come up with the right "beware of gushers" joke...

Oh well... I guess my quick witted college days are behind me.

Back