boil panny hose hop sack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
boil panny hose hop sack? yes/no says that it is "sun tan" should I just throw my hops in

It's just nylon, right? Maybe boil it for a while and see if it discolors your water, as there could very well be inks or dyes that would be released into your wort. Easy to notice in clear water, not so much in a brown wort.

Not really sure though... My only experience with panty hose is in it's removal, and I'm not even very good at that.

Not really sure though... My only experience with panty hose is in it's removal, and I'm not even very good at that.

ha thanks maybe I should be more focused on the latter, think I will throw straight hops I just always have probs with my siphon

Heh, well, it was a neat idea. Stranger things have been thought up under the influence of our favorite beverage.

I'm still hoping to combine meat, vegetables, pasta, and beer all in one bottle. It could totally replace food as we know it!

Panty hose hop bags and toilet paper pipes are in the same category.

BTW - I had a dream about Forrest last night and I've never met him. Weird he would post today. It was a pretty odd dream involving a bus and I can not think of any beer related issues. hmmmmmm

boil panny hose hop sack? yes/no says that it is "sun tan" should I just throw my hops in

Just soak them in bleach first, that will get rid of any dies. I use them all the time and they work great for hop bags.

I've always thought about this. You could divvy out the hop additions into the hose and drop them in when its time.

I've always thought about this. You could divvy out the hop additions into the hose and drop them in when its time.

Thats the way I do it. I just put what ever amount I need in ea. (sock as I call them now), and add them to the boil as the times call for.

I used knee-highs for years with no issues. I always tried to get the ones without dye, but even if they did have it I didn't worry about it. I even got used to going out and buying them without making SWMBO get them for me. But I like the paint stainer bags better now- they're reusable, and it's easier to add the second and third hop additions.

Back