Hopslam clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCBrewster

Reaction score
Ok so bells has everyone by the balls with their seasonal beers that make you want them all them. Anyone attempted making a clone of this bad boy and/or with success? I imagine no matter how you do it will be expensive but sure less expensive then $25 a 6 pack!

If you look around people have attempted recipes, contacted Bells via email, and then tweaked them off of some pretty helpful advice from the brewery. Check one of those out

There is a good thread already on here about it. My question is how long would something like this take to bottle condition? I have a tripel that needs another 6 months in the bottle and I absolutely couldn't do that again right now

i'd go 30-40 days from brew to bottle. i have a similar big IPA and that's what I do. I've done 3 versions of it and all have tasted awesome at that point.

We were all newbies once! No worries. I don't think it would be too hot alcohol wise as far as aging is concerned and Belgians typically need a lot more conditioning time. With the big hops in there I wouldn't worry much about long conditioning time. Keep your ferm temps in line and a month is certainly not unreasonable

I tried one of these today, now I want to attempt to make it. Wonder how it gets the 10% alcohol? Clone recipe I found says 3#s honey added for 5 gallon batch

Last edited:
Back