Takara Tomy Beer Hour: The Ultimate Handy Beer Server

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have at least shown the woman how to pour a beer that's not 3/4 head for a promo video.

what's the point? is the can too cold to hold for 10 seconds while you pour?

At my Japanese friend's bday party this summer the host pulls this thing out like he is announcing something big. Everyone oohs and says "segoii!" (wow!) and he proceeds to fark up everyone's glasses with whipped kirin foam...:confused: I wanted to say something but ended up holding my tongue, its a waste of time with some people and he was so proud of the thing. Its not like they are using good beer in it anyway, its generally happoshu or the big 3 lagers. The host had redeemed himself with an awesome home-made waterslide in his living room that they were serving cold somen and pork from, his wife sat at the top of the chute dropping servings in and the water pushed it past people who would catch them with chopsticks. Some of the ideas Japan has are just stupid, and some turn out to be really fun is what I am saying. As long as they don't tell me how to drink my beer I won't tell them how to drink their happoshu.

Didn't they have a beer mug some time ago, where you press a button and you get foam all over?

TBH I don't get why we Japanese like having artificial head to their beers, not much to lose from oxidation with those watery beers.

I read somewhere that one of the big 3 came up with a frozen "slush foam" that had a special server. It was supposed to be available some-places in Tokyo. Imagine a rootbeer float, except beer, and the icecream is beer-cream....

At least people are not taking themselves too seriously; I don't like the idea of the German Reinheitsgebot for that reason. It deters the range of innovation and doesn't guarantee the beer will be good.

Yup, beer served at sub-freezing temps. Japanese people like their beer ice cold , because in Japan, beer is better when it tastes less.

Back